Adding port questions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stuey32

I have two .9^3 ft boxes sealed with SD-2 10s in them. I would like to go ported and my question is would adding an aero port to each of these boxes be a good way to go or are the boxes to small? I would like to be able to go ported with out having another box built. If yes what would be a good size aero port for them or whats a good website I can use to calculate the correct port dimensions for my boxes? Also what would be the best hertz to tune the box to?

Thanks

2 4" flared aero ports tuned around 32-35 hz. I don't know the length it would take for that tuning, someone who has more experience with aero ports will have to chime in. Enclosures might be a little small, but you could invert the subs and add 1/2 lb of polly-fill to each enclosure. Make sure not to put the polly-fill anywhere near the port entrance.

For one sd-2 10 sundown reccomends 1ft^3, so you should be fine with .9 but you would have to do an external aero port for each box.

The port would have to be pretty long though, if you did a 4" flared aero for each, tuned to 36hz it would have to be 27" long.

so you might be better off building another box.

This is a port good length calculator.

Products Menu

Just think about it. About a 1 cubic foot box with 27" + tube sticking out of the side...

I would build a new box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.