Ideas for a saw setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

ultimate157
5,000+ posts

Engineering Student
I'm trying to figure out a way to setup a type of saw so that I would not have to move the MDF I am cutting. I really like the way home depot has theirs setup, with a circular saw on bars.

Making it so I would move the saw instead of the MDF would allow me to make near perfect cuts. I **** at keeping the MDF square against the fence when using our table saw, especially when using larger sheets.

sorry to thread jack, but i just got a ryobi 10" table saw. The "fence" is kind of small and i havnt tried any cuts on it yet, but are you saying it will be difficult to get a good cut using this small area that i have?

sorry to thread jack, but i just got a ryobi 10" table saw. The "fence" is kind of small and i havnt tried any cuts on it yet, but are you saying it will be difficult to get a good cut using this small area that i have?
on smaller pieces it wont be too bad, but try cutting a full sheet of 3/4" MDF on it and you will probably have some trouble with it. I use a Biesemeyer fence every day on a delta unisaw and i dont have any problems cutting an entire sheet of 1" MDF by myself.

on smaller pieces it wont be too bad, but try cutting a full sheet of 3/4" MDF on it and you will probably have some trouble with it. I use a Biesemeyer fence every day on a delta unisaw and i dont have any problems cutting an entire sheet of 1" MDF by myself.
hey brad how much was that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.