Attn. All Box builders and Wisconsin Members

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hintzyboy
5,000+ posts

Sparks mean its working!
Baraboo, WI
Hi all,

First off, I need some box plans drawn up with cut sheet dimensions. Max exterior dimensions are 13" high, 5" Top Depth-11" Bottom Depth. I have 52" of outer length available, but that needs to include some clearance between the port and the cab wall (side-firing port) What is the most airspace I can get out of these dimensions if I want to tune to 30-35 hz? Box is being built for a Team-PSI built TC9, and I'd like to get around 25 sq.in. or port area. I will also be using 1/2" MDF for the back and bottom plates to give some extra clearance for the sub magnet.

Second, I'll be starting a new build soon, and could use some help. If any Wisconsin members within a couple of hours of Wiscosnin Dells are interested, there will be plenty of free food, etc.

If anyone is interested in either proposition, hit me up on this thread, through a PM, e-mail, or MSN messenger.

e-mail and messenger address: hintzyboy@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Aaron

I'd be glad to make you a design, but I won't be able to drive to wisconsin to help with the build. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

PM me if you're interested in a design.

is this for a regular cab s10?

with those dimensions you can get about 2ft^3 internal volume before port and sub displacement.

i just designed one for my buddie's s10, and i managed to get 1.85ft^3 tuned to 35Hz with 21in^2 of port.

he had to make a notch for the center console, and lost a click, though.

he's thinking about buying some 8's to get his leg room back.

(hope he doesn't mind me linking):

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288934

yup, reg. cab. No center console, just one sliding bench seat. The seat is already moved up as far as I will allow. I'm not willing to give up the comfort and safety just for a little extra sound.

If it helps. I can go up to the window like the box pictured in the s10forum thread, but I'd have to have a couple inch indent on the passenger side so I can mount my amps.

I'd rather have the amps on top of the box though, so I can hide the wires easier.

Just an idea, what Airspace and tuning would this box get me?

Outer Dims:

48" L

13" H

5" Top Depth

11" Bottom Depth

4x6" Square-O port

-1/2" MDF used for Back plate, Bottom Plate, and port sides. 3/4" MDF for the rest.

Just an idea, what Airspace and tuning would this box get me?
Outer Dims:

48" L

13" H

5" Top Depth

11" Bottom Depth

4x6" Square-O port

-1/2" MDF used for Back plate, Bottom Plate, and port sides. 3/4" MDF for the rest.
if you went with those dimensions you get 2ft^3 net internal.

for his i did a 3"x7" port 21" long to get to 1.85ft^3 @ 35Hz

if you go with a bigger port and want to tune that low your net volume will be lower.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.