Ideal box for 2 15" DC Level 3's?

Just because you put in that much time to build does not mean you should get paid. I did builds for free for a log time becuase it is part of the learning curve. I'm not asking or wanting you or anyone else to "nut hug" for any reason. I am actually not here for that. It is a hobby that I have been blessed enough to be very good at and given the chance to make this hobby into a business in various ways.
The majority of the negativity that surrounds you and your posting is your additude. I'm on my phone so going through quote to show that you are waffleing on comments is pain so if I remember I will get to that on Monday.

If you want advice on things you will ave to adjust how you communicate. Taking everything personal then bragging about things you have get you no where. Instead, come here with the "I want to learn." Type of posting. I will be more then happy to help you out, however only if it is for personal use. If you are charging for your work, then you should not need help with things such as simple enclosure designs. However, if it is for your "customers" I would be happy to offer you a tech service as I do for stores.

I didn't even bother to read any of that to be honest you lost most of my respect no matter how smart you are. You've PM'd people in the past criticizing their boxes saying they need to be a genius to build one practically. Then you troll my topics like a jackass and try to act better than everyone. Don't worry I don't need your help anyways I can pay people like RAM to build a better box than you lol if I really wanted to. This is pointless and a stupid argument just avoid me and we can all be happy or act like a child and blow up all my threads like a little girl. I don't care either way I won't read any of it.

The stock Level 3 15's look great in sealed and 4th order BP's. But since you have a custom order with added spiders, I imagine they're be more ported friendly since the Vas should be brought down some with the stiffer suspension. Dual 8" aeros will need to be very long to get a reasonable tuning.

Yeah it was very long something like 20-22" if I remember it was only a thought i've wanted to attempt a bandpass it was my next feat to conquer haha. Maybe I'll hit you up for a design thanks for the input.

Yeah it was very long something like 20-22" if I remember it was only a thought i've wanted to attempt a bandpass it was my next feat to conquer haha. Maybe I'll hit you up for a design thanks for the input.
For 7ft^3 with a 32hz tuning they'll need to be 32" long each.

Jesse I suggest tuning to mid 30's. I bumped my tuning up from 26 to 32 and I didn't lose any low end. If your box loads off onto anything like a hatch that will lower your tuning anyways. Do like 2x 6" aeros at ~13" each for 35hz tuning. You should be able to play down to 27 with no issues and will be great if you wanna do the slammin bass classes up here

Jesse I suggest tuning to mid 30's. I bumped my tuning up from 26 to 32 and I didn't lose any low end. If your box loads off onto anything like a hatch that will lower your tuning anyways. Do like 2x 6" aeros at ~13" each for 35hz tuning. You should be able to play down to 27 with no issues and will be great if you wanna do the slammin bass classes up here
I'm already tuned at 34hz and I have no wishes to be any higher at all. I'm happy with my current box but the lows don't stand out as much as they should I also think the box is a little small and yeah that was what it was about 32" of port not 22" haha a little long :p These things say they like 33hz from what I've seen and read so I was looking to be around 32-33 I'm not a fan of 35hz at all didnt like it in any of my builds I'm a low kind of guy. I might skip the aero side firing idea and just do another L Slot port sub up port back since that seems to be loudest in my jeep so far.

and you bumped from 26-32 so you shouldnt have lost much low end anyways. Also the resonant freq of my jeep is like 55hz so it's hard to get it to respond well to the lows I've found 27hz to be pretty nice actually when I tried it before. I've always wanted to try 32hz so thats what im aiming for.

I didn't even bother to read any of that to be honest you lost most of my respect no matter how smart you are. You've PM'd people in the past criticizing their boxes saying they need to be a genius to build one practically. Then you troll my topics like a jackass and try to act better than everyone. Don't worry I don't need your help anyways I can pay people like RAM to build a better box than you lol if I really wanted to. This is pointless and a stupid argument just avoid me and we can all be happy or act like a child and blow up all my threads like a little girl. I don't care either way I won't read any of it.
RAM is great guy. You are not. Not much more can be said. Thank you for making my point more clear. All though from a business stand point I do require an amount of respect, I have no loss when if you don't. If I have Pmed a builder which I have done once. It was with info on helping him nothing more and nothing less. It would seen you where lied to if it was said otherwise.

Good luck on your builds. It seems perhaps you will get help. If you would read my posts they are not made from bashing what so ever. Just with factual information that you can not grasp it seems.

I'm already tuned at 34hz and I have no wishes to be any higher at all. I'm happy with my current box but the lows don't stand out as much as they should I also think the box is a little small and yeah that was what it was about 32" of port not 22" haha a little long :p These things say they like 33hz from what I've seen and read so I was looking to be around 32-33 I'm not a fan of 35hz at all didnt like it in any of my builds I'm a low kind of guy. I might skip the aero side firing idea and just do another L Slot port sub up port back since that seems to be loudest in my jeep so far.
and you bumped from 26-32 so you shouldnt have lost much low end anyways. Also the resonant freq of my jeep is like 55hz so it's hard to get it to respond well to the lows I've found 27hz to be pretty nice actually when I tried it before. I've always wanted to try 32hz so thats what im aiming for.
A larger enclosure will assist with lows. As will a few other ideas already mentioned. In many cases moving the port/sub placement will affect it greatly.

A larger enclosure will assist with lows. As will a few other ideas already mentioned. In many cases moving the port/sub placement will affect it greatly.
Yeah that was my reason for going with a bigger box and changing port placement I guess at this point I just have to try it. I'm not worried about numbers I already know what I'm capable of hitting with a few tweaks but I'm desperately trying to get the lows and the most out of my subwoofers off only 1.2K. I know they like around 33hz @ 6-7ft^3 I'm just wondering if side firing was a good idea or just for numbers.

RAM is great guy. You are not. Not much more can be said. Thank you for making my point more clear. All though from a business stand point I do require an amount of respect, I have no loss when if you don't. If I have Pmed a builder which I have done once. It was with info on helping him nothing more and nothing less. It would seen you where lied to if it was said otherwise.
Good luck on your builds. It seems perhaps you will get help. If you would read my posts they are not made from bashing what so ever. Just with factual information that you can not grasp it seems.
A few people have messages me saying you are an elitist prick that things you need to have a PH.D to build a box. Not my own words either. I've also heard from a lot of people you're a decent guy that knows a lot, I never tested your knowledge but you act like you know me. I'm not a good guy? what is that? I've done a ton of things for people for free, you don't know me like that so don't pass judgement. You telling me I shouldn't be paid for 8 hours of hard work is stupid, why not build your enclosures free then? because you did the work it's automatically worth money? Listen man I don't want problems with anyone I must have came off on the wrong foot here because me and you never had problems until recently.

I just hope sometime we can all get over this ******** concidering we're all here for the same reasons. So what if I made a post saying most the people on here type like little kids, it's the truth don't get butthurt over it.

Tuning below 35hz in that jeep is just awful. You lose so much output at the expense of not much great output. Optimum tuning will be high 30's, will dig very low and still keep some good output and not try to roll off over 50hz.

Subs up and port up sounds good, subs up and port to side (into a corner) is good. Port back is good if you want to give up your back seat or have a very small box since you'll want to keep a good foot between the box and back wall...even then, firing port into the corner has been optimum every time I've tested.

Then again, I've told you all this before, but don't listen to the guy with the same Jeep and a meter that has buit and tested over a dozen boxes in it. Other ppl in here that you know in person are also telling you what to do. Not to be an ***, but you're asking what is optimum, then when people tell you you talk about how you "know what the stuff is capable of with tweaks". I will challenge you, what is it capable of? Where are the scores? If you know why not tweak and do it? Why ask these guys?

Also I still have that big *** box up at my farm. You're welcome to come pick it up this February when I'm up there tapping trees. If not I'll either use it for a coffee table, or sawzall it up and burn it... I think firing up or back it may do a little better. It did gain over 2db firing to the side.

A few people have messages me saying you are an elitist prick that things you need to have a PH.D to build a box. Not my own words either. I've also heard from a lot of people you're a decent guy that knows a lot, I never tested your knowledge but you act like you know me. I'm not a good guy? what is that? I've done a ton of things for people for free, you don't know me like that so don't pass judgement. You telling me I shouldn't be paid for 8 hours of hard work is stupid, why not build your enclosures free then? because you did the work it's automatically worth money? Listen man I don't want problems with anyone I must have came off on the wrong foot here because me and you never had problems until recently.
I just hope sometime we can all get over this ******** concidering we're all here for the same reasons. So what if I made a post saying most the people on here type like little kids, it's the truth don't get butthurt over it.
I already know who said that. I find that that to be some what comical actually. Anyone can build a box. That part is simple anyway. The rest of it starts to get interesting unless you just look up specs and build to that. It will normally work some what ok for most applications. That is why it is a general idea of what to build.

If you want to talk to a prick on enclosure design building get in touch with PWK lol.

As for the rest of it. I was not suggesting that you should not get paid for 8 hrs of work(it shouldn't take that long anyway). What I"m saying is if you are still trying to figure things out and learn you should not charge for that. I didn't and for a build I'm still not 100% sure i don't charge for anything but material. All though it is mainly for locals because of their extreme needs to cram things into places they shouldn't be.

Tuning below 35hz in that jeep is just awful. You lose so much output at the expense of not much great output. Optimum tuning will be high 30's, will dig very low and still keep some good output and not try to roll off over 50hz.
Subs up and port up sounds good, subs up and port to side (into a corner) is good. Port back is good if you want to give up your back seat or have a very small box since you'll want to keep a good foot between the box and back wall...even then, firing port into the corner has been optimum every time I've tested.

Then again, I've told you all this before, but don't listen to the guy with the same Jeep and a meter that has buit and tested over a dozen boxes in it. Other ppl in here that you know in person are also telling you what to do. Not to be an ***, but you're asking what is optimum, then when people tell you you talk about how you "know what the stuff is capable of with tweaks". I will challenge you, what is it capable of? Where are the scores? If you know why not tweak and do it? Why ask these guys?

Also I still have that big *** box up at my farm. You're welcome to come pick it up this February when I'm up there tapping trees. If not I'll either use it for a coffee table, or sawzall it up and burn it... I think firing up or back it may do a little better. It did gain over 2db firing to the side.
Hey Jon never once questioned you man infact I've praised you haha and I am listening but didnt you say side firing did better on the meter but not for daily music? Also how am I supposed to side fire into the corner? and I've heard you need the width of your port to be the distance from the hatch a ft sounds like you exaggerated a bit :p I've tuned into the higher 40's before and it was loud as hell but I lost almost all of my low-end bass and I love my lows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and hey you saw my scores and you know they weren't bad so shhh!

and I wanted that box when I thought I was going to switch over to 12's but apparently that's not happening anytime soon almost picked up a 12" AA Mayhem but I changed my mind... Sorry man :-/

I already know who said that. I find that that to be some what comical actually. Anyone can build a box. That part is simple anyway. The rest of it starts to get interesting unless you just look up specs and build to that. It will normally work some what ok for most applications. That is why it is a general idea of what to build.
If you want to talk to a prick on enclosure design building get in touch with PWK lol.

As for the rest of it. I was not suggesting that you should not get paid for 8 hrs of work(it shouldn't take that long anyway). What I"m saying is if you are still trying to figure things out and learn you should not charge for that. I didn't and for a build I'm still not 100% sure i don't charge for anything but material. All though it is mainly for locals because of their extreme needs to cram things into places they shouldn't be.
It shouldn't take 8 hours to design a box, build a box and then install everything in their car?... I'd say 8 hours is pretty fast compared to some people on here haha and it all looks good it's not half assed. Also I don't get paid for my work because that's the type of person I am but as of late I have started because it's the way things work. YOu start doing something free for one person then everyone expects freebies I'm all set with that I'm already stuck doing that with computers, at the end of the day working on systems for 8 hours I feel like I just got out of work, so I feel like payment is almost a necessity unless you're helping a friend.

Once again not arguing or being an *** but it seems like because you feel a curtain way about something I should :p You'd be lucky to get someone to help you carry your groceries inside around this town with someone asking for money. I've almost ALL of my builds for free and people have actually paid me afterwards because they were happy I'm just done hooking EVERYONE up for free and working my *** off for practically nothing. Half me friends don't even give me credit they play it off like they did the install, plus now that im starting a business type deal I have to start being thorough about who I charge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.