Pair of DD2515s , Face one forward one backward?

TP_DDeez

Would they sound the same if i had one facing the front , and one toward the trunk? I've always thought of doing this but not sure if its a good idea. Currently putting the box together but havent cut the holes for subs yet this is why im asking. Its a L Ported 3/4" Birch Box about 6 cubes tuned to 31 Hz. Going in a Chevy Cavalier z24.

Any thoughts on this? Anything is helpful. Thanks

As opposed to what? Both facing forward or both facing the trunk or both facing up? The short answer is no. It won't sound the same. I don't think I'd do that....

As opposed to what? Both facing forward or both facing the trunk or both facing up? The short answer is no. It won't sound the same. I don't think I'd do that....
Probably would actually sound worse and have some major canceling, that's what I think anyways.

Only if you didn't reverse the wiring for one of the subs
I just don't see this being any different then the subwoofers aimed the same way and yeah you could reverse wiring. Thanks for reminding me lol

Would they sound the same if i had one facing the front , and one toward the trunk? I've always thought of doing this but not sure if its a good idea. Currently putting the box together but havent cut the holes for subs yet this is why im asking. Its a L Ported 3/4" Birch Box about 6 cubes tuned to 31 Hz. Going in a Chevy Cavalier z24.
Any thoughts on this? Anything is helpful. Thanks
You are using a 6ft3 enclosure for 2 15" DDs? It will do well, but they like large enclosures to really get the most out of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.