ID8 v3 testing enclosures

Participant count
  • Participant list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
ok, so i got my 2 ID8 v3s and im going to do a review on them for you guys. only problem is i only have enough wood to build 3 enclosures and i need 2 of those for the enclosures they will reside in for the forseeable future. so i have come to a compramise:

im going to build the 2 enclosures for my home theater but tune them higher (say 25-28 hz, not sure yet) and use one of them for a "sq ported" settup deal. then i will make the third box ported as well(probobly 32hz or so) with a removable front so that i can block the port and run it as sealed too.

the only problem im having is deciding on what the total volume should be for each enclosure. for my HT enclosures i have ~2.8 cubes for each sub. and for the last one i dont really have limits i guess.(it will be in my buddys lincoln town car you can fit like 8 bodies in that thing...) i was thinking of having the 32hz box have an external port so that i can do a "SPL" box as well since i have the feeling that these little guys can get pretty **** loud.

anyways, what would you guys prefer as far as testing boxes? Discuss

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.