IA 20.1 running at 2 or 1ohm ?

bebitte3o
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
montreal
I receive m'y IA 20.1 today and m'y first plane is to run m'y fi ssd 12 d1 at 2ohm,but I think maybe upgrade with xcon and run a 1ohm,but Im scare about the power drawn by the 20.1 at 1ohm because the set up is in a boat and music play for long time with motor turned off,I have 4 batery 6 volts.

What kind of output I will gain by double the power with the same cone area?

Thank's

Finaly I plug m'y ssd at .5 and they take all the power of the IA 20.1??

At 2ohm m'y old kicker zr360 béat the IA

The clipping light flash easyly?

I think m'y HU clip the signal?

To equal m'y zr I have to turn the gain and bass boost at max.

What can cause clipping HU or to small wire?

Finaly I plug m'y ssd at .5 and they take all the power of the IA 20.1??At 2ohm m'y old kicker zr360 béat the IA

The clipping light flash easyly?

I think m'y HU clip the signal?

To equal m'y zr I have to turn the gain and bass boost at max.

What can cause clipping HU or to small wire?
What size wire gauge are you using?

You dont have enough current or battery power. They need 12 volt batts. The IA is most likely putting out 10% of what it can actually do because of the lack of electrical support.

No help for me?
You bass boost is at max? That's why your clipping early.....

Wire can't cause clipping, that's just silly

You have NO power, 4 6V battery's is a terrible idea. You need 200AH of 12V agm power. Really 300

What size wire gauge are you using?
You dont have enough current or battery power. They need 12 volt batts. The IA is most likely putting out 10% of what it can actually do because of the lack of electrical support.
For now I have 2 gauge for power and ground,I will upgrade with 0 gauge,m'y battery's is at 14 feet of the amp and group direct at the battery,I also have 1.2f capacitor !

Thank's

Last edited by a moderator:
You bass boost is at max? That's why your clipping early.....

Wire can't cause clipping, that's just silly

You have NO power, 4 6V battery's is a terrible idea. You need 200AH of 12V agm power. Really 300
I put m'y gain and bass boost at max to obtain the same bass than m'y old zr360,Yes its crazy!

One 6 volts is 225ah so 900ah for 4x6volts ÷2 =450ah at 12 volts,in boat we ran 6 volts over group 31 deep cycle for better long term power,with m'y zr the 6 volts give me better result than group 31,m'y test is at 14 volts.

I have a old kenwood HU and I think maybe low rca voltage(3.2v with music) and I think m'y HU clipping the signal because at the same time I install à IA3.4 and it clip also at hight volume with hp filter on??

Thank's guys I will retry all that today with à good pioneer deck !

Your ssd isnt going to last long if you're turning the gain and bass boost all the way up.
This is what I think first so this is why I wired at 2ohm,but I try at .5ohm and the ssd take à lot of power and I don't think is to much, I Know this is a no sence!

This is not the first time I try other amp and m'y zr360 win every battle,I realy like this amp but it overheat and shut off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

But now I take no chance à buy great stuff and Im not impress with it!

I put m'y gain and bass boost at max to obtain the same bass than m'y old zr360,Yes its crazy!
One 6 volts is 225ah so 900ah for 4x6volts ÷2 =450ah at 12 volts,in boat we ran 6 volts over group 31 deep cycle for better long term power,with m'y zr the 6 volts give me better result than group 31,m'y test is at 14 volts.

I have a old kenwood HU and I think maybe low rca voltage(3.2v with music) and I think m'y HU clipping the signal because at the same time I install à IA3.4 and it clip also at hight volume with hp filter on??

Thank's guys I will retry all that today with à good pioneer deck !
Get a multi-meter and see what your VAC is reading is from the speaker inputs with a -5 db test tone playing. Also get a clamp meter to see how much amperage is going through your power wire.

Get a multi-meter and see what your VAC is reading is from the speaker inputs with a -5 db test tone playing. Also get a clamp meter to see how much amperage is going through your power wire.
Just to be sure,I install m'y dmm at input of m'y sub with ac voltage with the sub disconnected?,no problem the clamp meter I will do that!

Thank's again realy☺

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.