I tought the tuner was an amp..

Participant count
  • Participant list

carlos28355

I know nothing about anything so sorry for my stupidity. My Alpine IVA-D900 was stolen so insurance got me a new stereo JVC KW-M730BT. Im trying to save money and install it myself so im trying to pull back all the crazy cables. I had an old tv antenna that i do not need anymore. Under my seat i thought was my amplifier but it turns out it was a tuner for the IVA-D900. I need to know is this tuner still needed or should i take it out and all cables associated with it? thanks

I know nothing about anything so sorry for my stupidity. My Alpine IVA-D900 was stolen so insurance got me a new stereo JVC KW-M730BT. Im trying to save money and install it myself so im trying to pull back all the crazy cables. I had an old tv antenna that i do not need anymore. Under my seat i thought was my amplifier but it turns out it was a tuner for the IVA-D900. I need to know is this tuner still needed or should i take it out and all cables associated with it? thanks
Sounds like the two Alpine units work together.....unsure if they can work separately. I would remove the tuner and it's wires and install the JVC you got, it'll need a new wiring harness and connecter to plug into the factory one if you don't have one already.

thanks for the replies. I believe i have all the correct wiring. I shall remove the tuner. Maybe the new units have tuners built in now a days and years ago they did not? On crutchfield it doesnt mention anything about an additional tuners. So ill remove all and get back to factory wiring then take it from there i guess...and youre right ill probably need help lol but who can afford good help these days? thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.