I need suggestions on a new headunit

I'm leaning towards the Pioneer 7400mp right now, and Clarion too like Ramos said. That's if *I* can lean when it comes to *YOUR* deck, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif For a quality deck with tons of features, its hard to beat the Pioneer.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Yeah Pioneer makes a solid product and I have always liked Clarion Pro Audio series myself so those would be my choice if you don't want to go the RF route.

Well, to be honest, the local "loser" (the one who copies everyone else, buys shitty equipment, bumps at 12 A.M., total moron who thinks 2 subs can hit over 200 dbs) bought an RF deck, and thats why i won't buy one. So yea...

But can the AUDIO quality of the Pioneer match the AUDIO quality of the Alpine?

This is a daily driver that I am the only person who is in it. I don't need craptastic animations over GOOD SOUND. So please, don't tell me Pioneer due to the OEL.

I also don't care about impressing my friends with the screen, cause I'm in it for me, not everyone else. My sub is mounted so I am the only one who can hear it, not some old lady who doesn't want to.

So yea, what do you suggest?

I would go with the pioneer. I have a DEH-P630 AND I LOVE IT! Sure it has the pretty OLE and everything but that stuff is just show, it is seriously an amazing deck if u play with all the tuning options it has you can get such an awasome sound!!

Trust me when I say the Pioneer is all business when it comes to sound. I swore off Pioneers forever because I thought it impossible to have all the cutesy graphics, options and sound quality all into one. Boy was I wrong. If you think the only thing that can sound good has to be boring, go get a Nakamichi or Eclipse, two of the most boring decks on the planet. At least Eclipse gives you those extra security features, Nak just has no excuse, I'm sorry.

yeah pioneer has some awesome features and sound quality too. i hate that everyone either likes the decks b/c they have cool graphics or people who think they know everything think that's all they have. i have the 9400 right now with the 13band built in eq adjustment yeah a lot more than what your spending but it still blows away as far as sound. i have hooked up my 7300 in my friends car when i had it instead of his kenwood deck, can't remember which one but it was a flip around face, and the pioneer sounded better as far as sound quality. so go off of my personal experience if you want to.

keep it thumpin,

adam

hey i read your posting, you needed help on a stereo right. Well i have installing professional for 4 years now im only 20 yrs old. i have had many systems before and spent oawhole lot of money. i just started building my new system in my 99 accord. the stereo i opted for ( after looking at numerous brands)i decided to go for DEHP8400MP Pioneer cd player. it has everything you asked for, front , rear and sub output, mute, its ready for cd changer and XM radio. it is motorized the front face flips down and the color is amazing especially at night you'll get props from all your freinds. look into it, it amy cost a bit more from waht your willingto spend but its worth it, i bought mine for 400 at my price. hope this helps you

iowaboomer i own a sony cdx mp70 with 5.5 v preout 52 x 4 output mp3 xm compatible g-shock protection (i can't make this thing skip!) and it has motorized face plate which folds down and a motorized tray comes out (like a dvd player) to load the disc into. it has dynamic soundstage organizer (dso) along with a built in 7 band EQ. triple preout with sub control, built in cut off frequency for high pass or low pass cut off. etc. etc. etc. Did i mention it doesn't skip! I haven't been much of a sony fan in the past but i would definetly recommend this receiver to anybody.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ishmirwood_michael@hotmail.com

Well, the general consensus from people who read my first post (and aren't recommending Sony and $700 decks) seems to be the pioneer 7400...but i have to wonder if its just for the OEL. I'll have the $$$ for the deck in about 2 weeks, and I'll be making my rounds to the dealers to see what they have to say about them.

Does anyone else have anything to throw on this fire?

if mp3s are really important to you, one pertinent piece of information is that the pioneer decks take a long time to change mp3s... on the 840mp it was as long as 6 second... read this in car stereo and security... something like that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.