i need help wiring in my 4 channel amp with 4 speakers and 4 tweeters.

Participant count
  • Participant list

impaled
10+ year member

FL
the amp i have is pushing 111x4 at 4 ohms. all four of my door speakers and tweeters are also at 4 ohms. would i be able to run one speaker and one tweeter parallel in each channel? would that change the impedence? would the amp be safe to work at 8 ohms? if so, that would be ideal because then i would be running a lower wattage and then i would not be overamping my front door speakers.

thank you for your help, if i have posted this in the wrong area please let me know and i will repost this thread in the correct area.

no crossovers, they are just normal two way door speakers with seperate 1" tweeters. it doesnt say that my amp is 2 ohm stable, so i dont really know. what would the impedence be of one speaker and one tweeter ran in parallel?

no crossovers, they are just normal two way door speakers with seperate 1" tweeters. it doesnt say that my amp is 2 ohm stable, so i dont really know. what would the impedence be of one speaker and one tweeter ran in parallel?
2 ohms. But what concerns me is the full range signal you'd be sending your tweeter. Definately would need some bass blockers on those. you could try to wire them in series for an 8 ohm load.

would the tweeter already have a crossover on them, because they dont get any low signal? im not sure. would there be any reason that the person who wired them in would have ran the speaker and tweeter in series? and what impedence would that be?

in series should give you 8 ohms. But honestly, i would never run my amp/speakers like that....ever. But thats just me, i've seen/heard of others doing it but i don't know that i've ever listened to a setup like that to see how it sounds.

And all tweeters don't automatically have a crossover built in. Most seperates come with an external crossover.

i was just curious about the series thing because i dont know how they were wired. please correct me if i am wrong, but wouldnt running my amp at 2 ohms put out a higher wattage that at 4ohms? that would definatly blow my speakers. i also dont know if the amp is 2 ohm stable.

what would be the best way to wire the speakers then?

another thought is that they have been running off of my headunit fine... i dont know what impedence the headunit would run safely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.