I need an amp for 2 SA-12s 1 ohm

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
Ok well I stumbled upon a deal yesterday. I got an SA-12 and a pioneer 1200 amp for $200. Everything works good and it's hooked up in my box but this sub is just eating this amp AT MAX gain. I know it's clipping at max (maybe?) but it is barely distorting on decaf music. When I had my kicker CVR 12 on this amp, I had it set to 3/4 and it would only distort on the high kick drums, so barely clipping. But this sundown laughs at that level.

So anyway, this sundown is dual 4. Disappointing because now I have to buy another one to wire down to 1 ohm lol. Either that or I get an amp that does 800 at 4 ohms (box rise). But I don't think I'd be satisfied with just one.

So basically I kind of decided I'm getting another dual 4 SA-12. I know they are rated for 750rms. So I need an amp that does about 1500 watts at 4 ohms (accounting for box rise).

What are your suggestions for an amp that does this? I'm looking to only spend maybe $500 max on it.

Hell, maybe suggest an amp that does 800 at 4 ohms. Maybe I'll try it out just one this single SA-12.

Yes that.

Certified is legit real deal numbers, below distortion.

Dynamic is more of a peak reading, on par with peak hold clamp results

Yes that.
Certified is legit real deal numbers, below distortion.

Dynamic is more of a peak reading, on par with peak hold clamp results
oh alright. Idk if that's going to be enough power for two of the sa-12's after box rise but I'll keep that amp in mind. I'm already designing a box for them right now haha.

Its enough power. Ive ran as low as 500w to them with good results. If you arent competing for tenths, rise is irrelevant

Its enough power. Ive ran as low as 500w to them with good results. If you arent competing for tenths, rise is irrelevant
Well the amp I have right now does 800 at 2 ohms. It's still nowhere near as loud as I want it. That's why I factor in rise. I tested my rise and at 35hz I'm around 3 ohms, and 40hz and up I'm at 4+. I'm wired to 2 ohm right now.

It seems like you have terrible line voltage tho.
Why is it taking "3/4" gain to power a cvr?
that may be the case. I'm running off my stock HU and a scosche line out converter. My car is a new car and I really can't replace the HU. Maybe I should get a better converter? Or maybe I'm just not turning my HU up as high as I could be.

Before you add subs or change amps, get a quality loc with line driving ability like the AC lc2.

My buddy was having similar issue with a ****** walmart loc, we swapped in the AC, was night and day difference

Ok so you guys are suggesting I get a better LOC first? I really don't think I can change my HU.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Before you add subs or change amps, get a quality loc with line driving ability like the AC lc2.
My buddy was having similar issue with a ****** walmart loc, we swapped in the AC, was night and day difference
wow! Ok I'll order one tonight!

Check Sonic, for a while they had it for 79$

If I was stuck with factory unit, I absolutely would not skimp out on the Loc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.