i need a sub

I'm going to check out this one sundown seller down here in hawaii to see what they have or if they're even open since they're not on yelp or anything if not then the fu for sure. I'd love to go with lots of brands you guys give me and ideas but the shipping is killer and car audio is a fun hobby I'm learning as I go. You guys help a whole lot. Not saying anyone on here is wrong but I love the contribution everyone brings.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm going to check out this one sundown seller down here in hawaii to see what they have or if they're even open since they're not on yelp or anything if not then the fu for sure. I'd love to go with lots of brands you guys give me and ideas but the shipping is killer and car audio is a fun hobby I'm learning as I go. You guys help a whole lot. Not saying anyone on here is wrong but I love the contribution everyone brings.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Can't go wrong but I wouldn't put an sa on 1600 or you'll end up like the dd def go with an x or the fu

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

so the seller is a person in his home where he buys from the mainland so thats a no go although on ssa the shipping for a sundown sa 12 is $24.78 which would make a grand total of 239.77$ which is not bad in my opinion for a sundown to hawaii. although the fu still looks good. decisions

Sundown Audio SA-12 600 watt sub woofer

thats scary yeah i dont wanna blow another 200+ on something that might blow up. the fu it is. thanks again for the wild hunt for my special island needs.

How is it not worth the new price. It's pretty hard to beat for its flat response Vs any other sub in its price range. Except maybe for the flatlyne
I wouldn't put it against a w6 great for what it is. Different subs
You're free to your opinion, but you were talking about choosing a w6 for it flat response and then compared it to IA's underhung subwoofer. The Sundown SD3 is an underhung subwoofer with a very solid design pedigree and a comparable power handling.

There is a reason sundown is so easily suggested when it comes to subs. It's a great company with an owner that is heavily involved in the community and continues to push for improvement. In my mind Jacob is on the same tier as Thilo or Dan Wiggins, and it's difficult to discount his products unless you're dead set on buying as "Made in US" as you can get (or made in Europe if you're fancy:suave:). Unless something happens to Jacob Sundown will be here to stay.

thats scary yeah i dont wanna blow another 200+ on something that might blow up. the fu it is. thanks again for the wild hunt for my special island needs.
Really the SA would be the better in my opinion. Even though there isn't much difference in rated power handling I would put money on the SA being able to handle the additional power better. If the FU saves you a bit of cash it's not a bad choice by any means. Be careful with the gains and enjoy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You're free to your opinion, but you were talking about choosing a w6 for it flat response and then compared it to IA's underhung subwoofer. The Sundown SD3 is an underhung subwoofer with a very solid design pedigree and a comparable power handling.
There is a reason sundown is so easily suggested when it comes to subs. It's a great company with an owner that is heavily involved in the community and continues to push for improvement. In my mind Jacob is on the same tier as Thilo or Dan Wiggins, and it's difficult to discount his products unless you're dead set on buying as "Made in US" as you can get (or made in Europe if you're fancy:suave:). Unless something happens to Jacob Sundown will be here to stay.
No never said anything bad about sundown or the SD I love the sd

Really the SA would be the better in my opinion. Even though there isn't much difference in rated power handling I would put money on the SA being able to handle the additional power better. If the FU saves you a bit of cash it's not a bad choice by any means. Be careful with the gains and enjoy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
On equal with the fu1250 I think not maybe the fu750. I think to bet on 1600rms the sa will end like the dd

just curious on some things when it comes to spec but what is fs/vas/xmax/qms/qes/qts

Fs 41 Hz 43 Hz 38 Hz 31 Hz

Vas 9.168 Ltr 20.99 Ltr 70.421 Ltr 109 Ltr

Xmax 36mm 36mm 36mm 36mm

Qms 6.999 7.313 7.405 3.3

Qes 0.374 0.305 0.444 0.5

Qts 0.355 0.375 0.419 0.464

Def great company with great owner no doubt. Both being underhung does not mean everything but yes generally underhung less distortion exp W xbl2 design. To sounds underhung. That's why my favorite sundown sub now is the SD and I recomend it a lot.

the FU is ridiculous with power handling, you can easily put 3k on a pair of 750s.

the FU is ridiculous with power handling, you can easily put 3k on a pair of 750s.
That's why I recomend the fu 1250 over the sa at the same price of a sundown sa on his cab. Don't want him buying a new sub 1600 on a 2.5

I didnt say the FUs couldn't handle the power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I just would put money that the SA's would handle the extra power better. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif Although at 1500W per driver I personally think a 3" coil would be a better choice for the average joe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.