I need a new setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
Right now I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. I have a system now I have the sa-12 ultra and a hifonics 2400. I like rap and metal lol. no budget. I want it to sound good and I want it to hit hard so I can show it off as well.

The bigger the amp you use the more electrical upgrades you will need to do. Do you know what size alternator is in your car? At the minimum you will want to do a big 3 upgrade as well as upgrading your underhood battery to a larger capacity agm battery. Adding a 2nd battery in the rear is also a good idea too.

I believe its 90 amps. the stock one I know is 90 amps but I don't know If the one I have in my car is stock or not ill have to look at it. Ill definitely do the big 3 and upgrade my underhood battery. and you think I should add a second battery in the rear?

I actually need to do that as well. **** I completely forgot about that honestly lol. I'm still semi new don't really know too much. ill take all advice and recommendations.
I'd do the big 3 upgrade along with alternator upgrade and adding batteries first before even thinking about swapping subs because as you are now, you wont notice ANY difference swapping subs. Literally nothing, actually might even lose output because you are swapping to much beefier subs that need a lot more power to even get tickled let alone get maximum excursion. Your hifonics amp only does 1500 ish watts at best with amazing electrical. Right now you arent even pulling anywhere close over 400 watts with your current electrical system. You will literally notice louder bass when you upgrade the electricals.

If you are swapping out subs like underwear, you are doing sh*t 1000000000% wrong. Box design, and power is the key to get loud. Not what type of sub you are running, thats garbage logic.

I'm going to take that advice and upgrade everything first then think about upgrading. thank you for helping and the advice. 1. I definitely need a new box the one I have is handmade from the dude I got the sub off of and its terrible lol. the amp is probably 6 years old. thats one reason why I wanted to upgrade my setup. but I'm going to upgrade all my electrical first and see what happens I might not even want to upgrade after I do all that. again thank you for actually helping!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.