I need a guinea pig for a rear loaded horn

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I need someone to build a rear loaded horn design that I do. I have no idea how it'll sound, exactly. I'll be aiming for a certain sound and see if I can achieve that. The best situation would be if you have a vehicle with a trunk and a sub with a low Qms. Let me know if you're interested. The design will be free.

deafboncemarquis

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 15, 2021
texas
I need someone to build a rear loaded horn design that I do. I have no idea how it'll sound, exactly. I'll be aiming for a certain sound and see if I can achieve that. The best situation would be if you have a vehicle with a trunk and a sub with a low Qms. Let me know if you're interested. The design will be free.
are you on fb? theres a group with lots of good info called high order quarter wave society

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
are you on fb? theres a group with lots of good info called high order quarter wave society
Nope, not on facebook. I've got the math for it, just want to see if the way I want to do it is correct. There's good sites on the internet to find the actual equations. Applying them like I want for the what people typically want out of an enclosure is the challenging part.

deafboncemarquis

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 15, 2021
texas
Nope, not on facebook. I've got the math for it, just want to see if the way I want to do it is correct. There's good sites on the internet to find the actual equations. Applying them like I want for the what people typically want out of an enclosure is the challenging part.
not doubting you one bit bro! are you simulating them on hornesp?

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
not doubting you one bit bro! are you simulating them on hornesp?
Nope. There's a very specific way I want to do them. I mean all a horn is is an expanding t-line, basically. There's a different dynamic to it somewhat, but fundamentally that's what it is.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
You live in Florida and could be out building a box year round. Why not just drop 50$ in materials and slap this together yourself?

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
You live in Florida and could be out building a box year round. Why not just drop 50$ in materials and slap this together yourself?
I don't have anything to put it in, nor a woofer to use for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds