I miss my 12's

They are in.

20210303-153301.jpg

20210303-160334.jpg

Had some time before work today so I broke out the laptop and mic to take some measurements. This time I did individual speakers where I could. I noticed that from the previous sub where I had it EQ'd mostly flat from 20-65hz there is or rather was a pronounced peak at 31hz with the two P3's in there. I flattened it out too. I really, REALLY want a 6 channel amp. I could have sat there for several hours EQ'ing each speaker. I still have to teach myself how to limit the graph in REW to show only the frequencies for each speaker as I have them crossed over so when I overlay all speakers I can see if the phases are correct. I am getting there. I have seen youtube videos that show it so I am just going to have to go back and look for them.

Ive spent as much as two months tuning. Sometimes you just cant settle on certain settings. I will usually put an external indash EQ in to dial in at my finger tips on any song/music. Makes it so much easier

Ok. My US Acoustic amp is definitely screwing up. it's the front channels. There must be a loose internal connection or something getting ready to blow cause both sides are getting crackles and attenuating the sound or cutting out all together then coming back on. They are screwing up independently left to right. I think Barbara Ann is on her way out. Once it has played for like 30 min though... no problems.

I'm having the same problem with my DD s4
At first it was just one side that was crackling and quiet and usually only when I first start the car.
Then it would just not produce any sound at all until I turn the volume up bit then it would come back on and work fine
Then the other side started and now the front 2 channels are silent.
I tried swapping out the RCA's, switching from front to rear at the HU and nothing
I switched the speakers (front to back) and the issue followed the front channels
I finally had to admit defeat and put my old amp in its place
I pulled the cover of the back of the S4 and I can't seem to see anything wrong with the board but I'm no guru so I could have missed something
I hate sending things in to get fixed so if you figure it please post it
Its a long shot but stranger things have happened

I am in the process of getting another 4 channel amp. All day yesterday the amp was messing up. Right channel cut off a few times then came back. Left channel almost all night plays at like half to 3/4 volume of the right channel. It's annoying. Maybe it's a class A/B amp issue... maybe they just cant handle constant use. It's supposed to be 100w x 4 rms and I am pretty sure I am under that because I used my O-scope and multimeter with a sine wave to set and make sure the gains were not clipping. 18v @ 4ohms is right at where front and rear gains are set. The amp gets plenty of air as it sits where the bottom back seat cushion used to be. Not that it ever really gets warm. This is amp #2 from US Acoustics. The first one really went south and one of the RCA inputs came off. But that amp took out my single DIN Kenwood eXcelon head unit. It's sad because when it plays normal it sounds great and is really loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ThxOne

Premium Member
The Boss
ThxOne
The United States of America
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies