I miss my 12's

2RZ-FE

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Mar 14, 2011
Dixon, Ca
My single P310 box is 13 H x 25 W x 15 D and is 1.4cf @ 32.

What box is that?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My single P310 box is 13 H x 25 W x 15 D and is 1.4cf @ 32.

What box is that?
It's a box that is listed on eBay.
Bass Rockers BR10DV

My single P3 box, which my Dayton Ultimax is in currently is 1.4cf tuned to 35hz

Reactions: Squirrel!

2RZ-FE

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Mar 14, 2011
Dixon, Ca
I svck at math what is the airspace and tuning after displacements?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I svck at math what is the airspace and tuning after displacements?
Not sure. Buck says as low as 1.6 total but I sat and did math and estimated each chamber at 1.2cuft and 2.4cuft total internal. I tried to contact the seller about it but they have not responded.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
It's a box that is listed on eBay.
Bass Rockers BR10DV

My single P3 box, which my Dayton Ultimax is in currently is 1.4cf tuned to 35hz
That box is roughly 2.4 cubes before port and speaker displacement. That seems a little small to me for two of those 10's. That box says it's separate chambers also. Interesting.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
That box is roughly 2.4 cubes before port and speaker displacement. That seems a little small to me for two of those 10's. That box says it's separate chambers also. Interesting.
Slightly smaller than what RF suggest at 1.4cuft per sub. I am ok with that, I want these to shift up a bit from the box I have and play slightly higher sub-bass.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Slightly smaller than what RF suggest at 1.4cuft per sub. I am ok with that, I want these to shift up a bit from the box I have and play slightly higher sub-bass.
That's 1.2 per sub, but you still have to subtract the port displacement. It's tight, but if Buck says it will work, then, it probably will. He's the professional.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
That's 1.2 per sub, but you still have to subtract the port displacement. It's tight, but if Buck says it will work, then, it probably will. He's the professional.
We will know soon enough lol. The space in my trunk is also kinda small and this box will still fit in there. I think it's gonna work fine. I have another single 10" enclosure, the labyrinth slot port box. It's pictured in my SQish build thread. It's smaller and tuned much higher than the bigger box I replaced it with and the P3 played higher in it which I prefer. It still hit low notes just not as hard, which I don't mind... a second 10 will help that ;)

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
1.37cuft tuned to 42hz

Attachments

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
We will know soon enough lol. The space in my trunk is also kinda small and this box will still fit in there. I think it's gonna work fine. I have another single 10" enclosure, the labyrinth slot port box. It's pictured in my SQish build thread. It's smaller and tuned much higher than the bigger box I replaced it with and the P3 played higher in it which I prefer. It still hit low notes just not as hard, which I don't mind... a second 10 will help that ;)
Your music preference definitely makes a difference in box choice.

Reactions: Squirrel!

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Your music preference definitely makes a difference in box choice.
Rock - Metal - comes first (Double Kick, Bass Guitar, Lower Guitar tuning, Lower Piano notes) All other music - second - Bass music last.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Yes, Metal is my first choice. Six Feet Under, Slayer, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse and Winger :oops:

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I just ordered this as well........................................ I have been running both amps with no fused protection other than onboard fusing and the 300a circuit breaker by the battery. It comes with two fuses. I ask for a 120a and a 150a fuse.

Attachments

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
You might like the bass notes in this song. It's been rebassed. It's pretty crazy for a metal song.

LOL the lowest notes are just port air on my little Yamaha active servo sub. It's trying real hard with the higher bass though.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
LOL the lowest notes are just port air on my little Yamaha active servo sub. It's trying real hard with the higher bass though.
It says 28hz. on the song. It definitely has a lot of low bass notes. It sounds good on my 8's, but my box peaks at 29hz. What amp are you going to run?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
It says 28hz. on the song. It definitely has a lot of low bass notes. It sounds good on my 8's, but my box peaks at 29hz. What amp are you going to run?
I am going to continue to run my Gen 1 RF Prime 1200-1D and run it at 1ohm on the two 10's.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Big D dyno'd one and it does well over rated at 1ohm Certified, Up to clipping and Dynamic.

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

• J

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds