I know how to hook it up but I have no idea what to buy.

Participant count
  • Participant list

jgeezy

I have a 2009 Jeep Patriot without the Boston Aucoustic Sound Sytem and I would like to upgrade my sound system.

What I want: I want to be able to hear mids and highs and I want to have a decent amount of bass. I dont want to bump the neighborhood but I would like to feel it a little bit. I am wanting to work with an 8 inch subwoofer.

JVC KW-R910BT is the head unit I really like. I guess I dont really care as long as its a double DIN and can do bluetooth audio and bluetooth streaming.

All 4 doors take 6x9's

I need speaker suggestions, amp suggestions. for both speaker and sub

I have about $600 to $800 to work with and that price needs to include all of the adpaters and wiring kits in it.

Can anyone help?

find some suitable 4 ohm 6x9 speakers to replace factory - then run them to the amp as front and rear driver door = left channel - front and rear pasanger door to right channel = the amp will have 2 ohms load. if you get a 4 channel amp then you can bridge the last 2 channels together to run your single 8" sub that will need to be dual 2 ohm coils to wire to 4 ohms load at the amp in bridged mode.

doing this should leave you enough $ left over for your headunit - and adapter pieces.

im fairly certan all the speaker snobs will tell you that 6x9 are the worst - and to use adapter plate to just run 6.5" round speakers...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.