I have the sub, need recommendation on amplifier!

You think so? What about this --
New
Not going to be a good choice for you. That 400w is at 1 ohm. You're only gonna see about 200-250 watts of clean power there.

If you want something that's gonna have better sound quality and options further down the road, I'd look at the Boston I recommended. Otherwise the AP is your best budget bet.

Alright! Here's my total build overlook:

Subwoofer: Sony XPLOD 1200w 12 inch

Wiring Kit: Belva BAK42

Amplifier: Boston Acoustics GT-2125

Head Unit: JVC KD-X50BT

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

And I'll bridge the two channels on the Boston

Thanks UnderFire!

I have one last question, and it really has me baffled. According to Sonic Electronix, the back of my stereo headset looks like this:

What the HECK is that black and pink wire running next to the Bluetooth?? Is that the remote turn on wire? If so, how do I connect it to my kit's remote turn on wire that will run back to the amp?

I still don't know what the pink wire thingy is, but I'm pretty sure the remote turn on wire is in that large bungle of wires (far left in the upperhand corner). Is that correct?

Looks like a 3.5mm jack for an Auxiliary In. Why they have it on the back of the amp baffles me since I've seen them on the front for ages now. I'd look in the manual but am doing a bunch of other stuff ATM.

The remote wire is almost always in the wiring harness itself. What you're looking at on the right are just USB and Aux inputs. that wiring harness on the left should have the remote wire and is almost always blue or blue with a white stripe.

Gotcha. In the picture I posted earlier, zoom in on the wire on the FAR left, I see a blue wire with a white stripe running down the middle. Actually you probably can't see it, but it's there.

Thanks bro!

No problem, man. Think you're going to be very pleased with that Boston amp. I almost picked one up, but lucked out on my 5-channel Eclipse instead.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Btw, if you haven't ordered the HU yet, I'd take a serious look at the classifieds. Lots of good deals going on right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.