I Have A 15'sub In A Sealed Box,can I Put A Ported One Also For The Spl

Participant count
  • Participant list
if the manufacter says to put the sub in a 1.0 cu ft PORTED box

go for it

but usually to get better sound... the ported box has to be bigger than the sealed one

i dont think u will be happy with the sound if u just port it

go get a bigger ported box or just leave it as is.. u say it hits hard already

but i wouldnt port that small of a box for a 15

Originally posted by COMP-X MY COMP-X SUB IS IN A 1CUBFT SEALED BOX AND IT HITS HARD,BUT I WANT TO PUT A PORTED BOX ALSO FOR THE SPL STUFF WITH ANOTHER COMP-X SUB??IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR WILL IT MESS THE SOUND UP?????
You mean you want to put another sub in there with the existing one in a ported box, having one sub in a sealed and one in a ported? That would probably sound like ass;)

Originally posted by COMP-X MY COMP-X SUB IS IN A 1CUBFT SEALED BOX AND IT HITS HARD,BUT I WANT TO PUT A PORTED BOX ALSO FOR THE SPL STUFF WITH ANOTHER COMP-X SUB??IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR WILL IT MESS THE SOUND UP?????
Puttin sealed and ported together is a big:nono: This will result in lots of cancellationwhi will then =Crappy Sound.

oh and please take off the caps from now on, it annoying really it is.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.