I have 2400 watt amp being told to go to 1500??

Its really only 1200@1ohm RMS (if your lucky)so yes the kicker would be stronger.

Those are d4's correct.I think you get 2.67 or .67IIRC from all of those so you will need to find something that works with those loads

that amp will maybe do 1200watts rms at 1ohm. if that.

you look at amps by rms power not max power. that kicker will do 1500rms at 2ohms and that rockford will do around 2000rms @ 1ohm

Because the directed amp isn't operating off of max wattage it's putting out what it does at 1 ohm which according to the link is 1200 watts but that's at 14 volts and your car will probly be owrating at 13 Volts, so the actual wattage is probly in the area of 800-1000. So to get the other 2 amps you would be seeing a more realistic wattage output. Who's telling you to get those amps and for how much?

The kicker is better. As stated above. it is rated at 1200rms. Just a bunch of dumbasses buy it cuz it says 2400watts. I dont get max power ratings, just a bunch of bs, just marketing prolly.

The kicker is better. As stated above. it is rated at 1200rms. Just a bunch of dumbasses buy it cuz it says 2400watts. I dont get max power ratings, just a bunch of bs, just marketing prolly.
You are correct.And look at how many people who believe it:laugh:RMS is the only rating.CEA is even better as they have an independantly tested standard.So I would say it will do close to rated power at 14v.

Because the directed amp isn't operating off of max wattage it's putting out what it does at 1 ohm which according to the link is 1200 watts but that's at 14 volts and your car will probly be owrating at 13 Volts, so the actual wattage is probly in the area of 800-1000. So to get the other 2 amps you would be seeing a more realistic wattage output. Who's telling you to get those amps and for how much?
1 volt isn't going to drop a 1200 RMS amp into 800 RMS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Usually those amps will do about 1k @ 12 volt systems

To The OP:

Imp load is whats going to kill you. Your amp is rated to do 1200 RMS @ 1 ohm.

Your subs wired together will be 2.67, with imp rise expect a little over 3 ohm. that amp @ 4 ohm won't deliver anything over 400 RMS to all those subs.

A kicker amp that delivers performace @ 2 ohm load, won't suffer that much of a loss going to 3. So expect a lot more power.

awesome thanks for the help ill be picking one of those up!!
Make sure you get a custom box for those little monsters and upgrade your electrical

Your amp will live longer and provide more juice if it is given proper voltage, so don't let it get too low! And remmeber, don't buy a capacitor!

1 volt isn't going to drop a 1200 RMS amp into 800 RMS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Usually those amps will do about 1k @ 12 volt systems

To The OP:

Imp load is whats going to kill you. Your amp is rated to do 1200 RMS @ 1 ohm.

Your subs wired together will be 2.67, with imp rise expect a little over 3 ohm. that amp @ 4 ohm won't deliver anything over 400 RMS to all those subs.

A kicker amp that delivers performace @ 2 ohm load, won't suffer that much of a loss going to 3. So expect a lot more power.

Make sure you get a custom box for those little monsters and upgrade your electrical

Your amp will live longer and provide more juice if it is given proper voltage, so don't let it get too low! And remmeber, don't buy a capacitor!
All good advice except the bolded type. Caps add 3 db's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.