I got me 2 new 15" subs today.....

Although their older version of the MOFOs are built like tanks, newer generations, not so much.
they are same thing as the SoundStream Tarantula's and the PPI Power Class subs. All under Epsilon and have practically the same TS parameters. Either they're all good or they all stink, because you know well they all came from the same buildhouse.

MOFO X

MOFO-15_back-1024x600.jpg

PPI power class

PPI_PC15.jpg

Sound Stream Tarantula

subwoofer-soundstream-tarantula-t7-15-900-w-rms-4255-MLA2916703967_072012-F.jpg

lol at power acoustik lying about their power rating.

enjoy ya new subs man. id take the enclosure suggestions provided here. i realize you already purchased your subs, but if you decide to trade em out, the new soundqubed hds 300 series are a great value from a reputable company. 1200 rms 3" voice coil for 150 ea. american bass xfl's are also a great value.

they are same thing as the SoundStream Tarantula's and the PPI Power Class subs. All under Epsilon and have practically the same TS parameters. Either they're all good or they all stink' date=' because you know well they all came from the same buildhouse.
MOFO X

[img']http://streetgearforless.com/image/cache/data/MOFO-15_back-1024x600.jpg[/img]

PPI power class

PPI_PC15.jpg

Sound Stream Tarantula

subwoofer-soundstream-tarantula-t7-15-900-w-rms-4255-MLA2916703967_072012-F.jpg

lol at power acoustik lying about their power rating.
Lol at your lol.

they do all stink, even with clean power and signal on the oscope they cant even take a jl 1000/1 without smelly coils, the coils used in the new generation are cheaper. Got an old guy who competed using power accoustik subs near me and he made it clear the newer ones are no where as good as the old ones.

Lol at your lol.
they do all stink, even with clean power and signal on the oscope they cant even take a jl 1000/1 without smelly coils, the coils used in the new generation are cheaper. Got an old guy who competed using power accoustik subs near me and he made it clear the newer ones are no where as good as the old ones.
they all use 2.5in coils. 500-600wrms seems to be the going rate for 2.5in coils.

they all use 2.5in coils. 500-600wrms seems to be the going rate for 2.5in coils.
Thats correct BUT

Power Acoustik MOFO-152X (MOFO152x) 15" Dual 2 ohm Car Subwoofer

Specs tell you that you can push 1700 rms to them each.... their max power became their RMS power and their giant max power number came out of their @ss. It would have been more proper to rate them to how much their voice coils can handle.

idk if thats not lying to the consumers, i guess boss audio and pyle are innocent as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

captnfangdango

10+ year member
captnfangdango
huntington,wv
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from