I got a problem. Box may be too small.

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
So, i got two Sa-8s. Made a sealed box and all. It came out to be .7^3ft before sub displacement. I looked online and read the subs were .8 of displacement. Well, i put that in as .08 not .8. So i think my box is too small. I dont wanna rebuild it cause it was hard to build but it seems like i gotta. So, i need help designing a box. Its going under the seat of a 2011 F150. Id love ported but i cant design that. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, good. I wish Sundown would put the displacement on their website. I read the first time they were .08 then someone said that was wrong. ( they said .8) So im good? Whats the smallest a box could be with two 8's. I measured the actual box and not the cad and i got closer to .65. Im i still good. Would some Poly help?

The displacement is on Sundown's site, you just need to look under the Enclosure Recommendations for the SA series. It states:

Displacement - 0.08 ft^3 per sub. Recommended box size Sealed- 0.28 ft^3 per sub and Ported -0.5-0.75 ft^3 @ 35hz per sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Pyrofan
Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from