I am looking for a new setup... Please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cam3113

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mn
I do not know much about systems, but I recently sold my system which consisted of these two pieces

I sold because we had a baby and I needed the extra space... I miss the sound so much that I'd like to buy a single sub in a box, with an amp.. Now my question is, what would sound just as good as the setup I had? Would the same amp work? I found this one on Amazon that looks decent... Any thoughts? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L5XXK8T/?tag=caraudiocom-20

I would just like similar sound to what I had! Not trying to. Break the bank.. I'm looking for a small setup around $300-400...i already have everything wired and ready for hookup so just need the sun and amp setup... Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all.

Last edited:
I do not know much about systems, but I recently sold my system which consisted of these two pieces

I sold because we had a baby and I needed the extra space... I miss the sound so much that I'd like to buy a single sub in a box, with an amp.. Now my question is, what would sound just as good as the setup I had? Would the same amp work? I found this one on Amazon that looks decent... Any thoughts? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L5XXK8T/?tag=caraudiocom-20

I would just like similar sound to what I had! Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all.
Yeah that was garbage. Get with the folks at SSA, https://www.ssaudio.com/, and get you something good. Their lowest tier stuff will be much better than what you had.

Do you plan on making your own box? Do you want ported or sealed?
My most recent setup was sealed and it sounded great for what I wanted... So I'd be open to either... Preferably plug and play as mentioned below, but two systems ago I did build my own custom box so I'm not opposed to it, but I'd prefer plug and play since I'm not spending a lot on a nice setup again right now

Well, Alpine has loaded sub boxes you can grab at Crutchfield. It’s a pre order currently so no idea when they expect to have them. The Alpine Type S is one of my favorite budget woofers. I don’t know anything about Brazilian amps but I’m sure there’s one that’ll give you the power you need for a cheap price.

Well, Alpine has loaded sub boxes you can grab at Crutchfield. It’s a pre order currently so no idea when they expect to have them. The Alpine Type S is one of my favorite budget woofers. I don’t know anything about Brazilian amps but I’m sure there’s one that’ll give you the power you need for a cheap price.
Do you know if the amp I originally had, that I listed in the original post would be good enough for one of those setups?

This sub... Would this amp work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.