FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Just swapped out my tri-color foglight LED's for single color LED's. 6.5K color and same brand name to match the headlights. The yellow bulbs were flickering.

20231007-185104-HDR1.jpg

Just swapped out my tri-color foglight LED's for single color LED's. 6.5K color and same brand name to match the headlights. The yellow bulbs were flickering.

20231007-185104-HDR1.jpg
If you have power available for lights...your stereo ain't big enough 😎

Last edited:
I while back I bought an HP Elite laptop... just a "throw away" laptop literally just for use in tuning the DSP in the car. Turns out, it's a decent laptop with a touchscreen and decent specs for an older laptop. HP Elite 840 G2. So I have decided to make it better. I am upgrading the 500GB HDD to a 2TB SSD from Crucial. I was going to upgrade the memory as it tops out at being able to use 16GB... Wouldn't you know, it was already upgraded to 16GB of RAM. :)

I while back I bought an HP Elite laptop... just a "throw away" laptop literally just for use in tuning the DSP in the car. Turns out, it's a decent laptop with a touchscreen and decent specs for an older laptop. HP Elite 840 G2. So I have decided to make it better. I am upgrading the 500GB HDD to a 2TB SSD from Crucial. I was going to upgrade the memory as it tops out at being able to use 16GB... Wouldn't you know, it was already upgraded to 16GB of RAM. :)
SSD is awesome man. I have a mini desktop thats a 2TB SSD cant remember GB off hand but Joker is fast as hell. This Laptop is pretty dammned fast too. My older one kicked the bucket on the Charging port location. Its a Dell lattitude. laptop. I bought another with the Charge port location in the rear this time rather than on the side that usually gets in a bind. My last Latitude lasted like 10 yrs, prob still can be fixed to use, so thats why I bought another Latitude. Pretty solid laptop. i know very little about computers, and learned on my own, and I get by most of the time ok.

I was bored at work so I popped open the trunk and separated the left and right runs of speaker wires for the tweets and mids. I routed them under the amp board and have the rolls at the back seat on each side ready to run up to each A-Pillar. I bought a butane torch today on the way home, I have some butt connectors with heat shrink for attaching the speaker wires to the quick connects. Tomorrow I will bring in the A-Pillars and wire the mids, mount the tweets and wire the tweets with one side of the quick connects. I may take the DSP to work tomorrow and mount it to the amp board.

I finally wired the coils on my mids. They are now @ 2ohms. I need your help though. I have 4 tweeter options here, 3 silk/soft domes and 1 Ti dome. If you all were making the choice which would you go with? I am going to be running the Earthquake 6.5" subs in the doors, the CDT dvc mids in the A-pillars and one of these 4 tweeters. All actively ran.

1. Dayton Audio Ti Domes
2. DD Audio T2B Soft Domes
3. Image Dynamics XS28 Silk Domes
4. CDT TW-26 Soft Domes - Currently running in the car.

20231015-160033.jpg

20231015-144507-HDR.jpg

20231015-155035-HDR.jpg

Personally I would use the ID's. There is a reason why people love those tweeters and mid-bass from them.
I vote for these Tweets too. If I still had mine Id be running those atm in my Temp setup. I still have the CXS series 6.5 Mids and Xovers left of the component system. I ended up giving those tweets to my nephew. he is still running them on a set of Kappa 60.11 components. Blew the tweet and put the ID tweets in and set on 0db and they are working great in that set up

I finally wired the coils on my mids. They are now @ 2ohms. I need your help though. I have 4 tweeter options here, 3 silk/soft domes and 1 Ti dome. If you all were making the choice which would you go with? I am going to be running the Earthquake 6.5" subs in the doors, the CDT dvc mids in the A-pillars and one of these 4 tweeters. All actively ran.

1. Dayton Audio Ti Domes
2. DD Audio T2B Soft Domes
3. Image Dynamics XS28 Silk Domes
4. CDT TW-26 Soft Domes - Currently running in the car.

20231015-160033.jpg

20231015-144507-HDR.jpg

20231015-155035-HDR.jpg
As @spokey9 stated. I would run all to see which sounds best. Id start with the ID tweets. You already know what that CDT DRT26 sounds like.
My favorite CDT Tweeters are the DRT25 tweeters. I have two sets of the older ones, and Ive had some juice on those and they are still hanging in there. Sound dammned good on 50 rms each clean.
DD Tweets?? Ive never tried those. No clue what those sound like. Ive tried and still have DD 5.25 mids and some 6.5s that sound really clean.
Those Dayton tweets? Never tried those you mentioned .. Just the older Peerless Type in Pods with some 7" Dayton mids .Mids dod well, those tweets did ok but just were not enough for me to blend in on a 1k substage. Its your ride though. Id test out what you have see how they sound. You can use tape and place them temporarily and run each before securing them?

Different tweeter pods for each so they would be a pita to swap out. The DD's I ran for a little while in my black G6 and they sound great. The CDT's are ok but I have not been impressed with them though they are being run off the crossover that came with the component set and if I push them too hard the protection kicks in and you can hear the tweeters attenuate big time. I will start with the ID's.

Different tweeter pods for each so they would be a pita to swap out. The DD's I ran for a little while in my black G6 and they sound great. The CDT's are ok but I have not been impressed with them though they are being run off the crossover that came with the component set and if I push them too hard the protection kicks in and you can hear the tweeters attenuate big time. I will start with the ID's.
If Each tweeter has an Angled mounting existing pod set. Id try those and use Tape(duct Tape or Packing Tape works fine) to place on the bottom and stick them in different locations where you would place them and try them to see which tweeter sounds best even free air taped in a spot. Enclosed they should sound a lot fuller once sealed up in a pod. You will still have tuning options of course to brighten them up or tone them down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...