HU wiring help..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tone415
10+ year member

A.K.A FrisnoG
I have 3 wires left on the cars harness, and 2 wires left of the HU harness..

HU harness:

Red-Acc.

Blue w/ White line-Remote

Car Harness:

Orange-Ill. Dim

Red-12 Volt Ignition/Switched

Blue-Power Antenna

In this case does red go to red and blue go to blue and the orange jus gets cut off?

dont need the orange one, the blue/white on the HU is the amp turn on wire.. your gonna need to wire your amp turn on wires to here AND the power antenna, the HU will tell the power antenna to rise up when the HU is on

do you already have your yellow constant and red switched wire from the HU harness connected to something? if so you dont need to connect the other wires i wouldnt think, but if you dont go red to red.

dont need the orange one, the blue/white on the HU is the amp turn on wire.. your gonna need to wire your amp turn on wires to here AND the power antenna, the HU will tell the power antenna to rise up when the HU is on
do you already have your yellow constant and red switched wire from the HU harness connected to something? if so you dont need to connect the other wires i wouldnt think, but if you dont go red to red.
I hooked up the HU yellow-battery to the Car Harness yellow-12 v bat/constant

ok the red one from the HU is the 12v+ switched wire, you gotta wire that to the switched source so try the red from the stock car harness

so red-red, and blue-blue right?
yes and make sure if you have amps, you wire the remote wires to the blue

if you do that, and the HU doesnt turn on.. tke the red switched wire from the HU harness and extend it to your fuse box, you can either use an add-a-fuse or fuse tap, or make your own fuse tap, what you would do is just take a fuse that runs hot ONLY when the car is in the on position, such as sunroof, moonroof, windows ect. and pull the fuse, wind raw wire from the red wire around the fuse and pop it back in (id use an add a fuse or fuse tap though, just to be safe) and test it, it should work.. i had to do this for my grand am.

yes and make sure if you have amps, you wire the remote wires to the blue
if you do that, and the HU doesnt turn on.. tke the red switched wire from the HU harness and extend it to your fuse box, you can either use an add-a-fuse or fuse tap, or make your own fuse tap, what you would do is just take a fuse that runs hot ONLY when the car is in the on position, such as sunroof, moonroof, windows ect. and pull the fuse, wind raw wire from the red wire around the fuse and pop it back in (id use an add a fuse or fuse tap though, just to be safe) and test it, it should work.. i had to do this for my grand am.
ahh ok. thanks yo.. ill be back if that doesnt work hahah

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.