dmm reading ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bullet03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok wired my 4ohm dvc subs individually at 2 ohms. then i connected the +/- of each together and checked with a dmm reading said 1.3/1.4 (checked twice) wil my amp see it as a 2 ohm load after imp rise and all? amp is kx400.1

after i wired each sub to 2 ohm. theres a positive and negative wire from each sub, i connected the 2 positives together, the 2 negatives together, where it could go to the one channel on the amp. but got a low reading so never hooked it up to the amp. the dmm reading when connected the leads together says .1

after i wired each sub to 2 ohm. theres a positive and negative wire from each sub, i connected the 2 positives together, the 2 negatives together, where it could go to the one channel on the amp. but got a low reading so never hooked it up to the amp. the dmm reading when connected the leads together says .1
That will give you a one ohm load. You wired (2) 2-ohm loads in parallel which equates to a (1) ohm load.

You need to take the positive from one sub to the dmm. The negative from that sub will go to the positive of the other sub. The negative from THAT sub will go to the DMM. That should read about 4 ohms.

That will give you a one ohm load. You wired (2) 2-ohm loads in parallel which equates to a (1) ohm load.

You need to take the positive from one sub to the dmm. The negative from that sub will go to the positive of the other sub. The negative from THAT sub will go to the DMM. That should read about 4 ohms.

Again, see: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.