HU watts

Participant count
  • Participant list

KayGee
10+ year member

I heard that a head unit can't hnadle speakers with more watts then it puts out. For example if I have a Panasonic head unit that has a peak power of 45x4, 23x4 watts rms. I have two JBL 6x9's that have 300 watts peak, 100 watts rms. And JBL 4x6's with 120 watts peak, and 60 watts rms. Will the cd player be able to handle those?

tehre is no such thing as underpowering a speaker....

you can put as little power as you want into them (within reason)...

as longa s you dont try to hamemr them real hard... those watts wont hurt it...

just remeber, when you hear distortion, back it off alittle!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Ok, i will go on this option. Thanks a lot bro for the help, i really appreciate again, Cheers
Welcome. You have a Crown Vic, Which year cruiser is it? You have a trunk big enough to hold a family of four - why three 8's and not a couple...
Like OP stated, there are radios with higher power output. Most radios have around 18 watts RMS per channel. They mostly claim 50w per channel but...
Let's if i can give my input too. 180 Watts is the maximum power your speakers can handle. And it is 4 ohms. And you're trying to find the...
Only a testament to their durability evl won't last that long id wait until the mojos gave up then go evl honestly and trust me unlike 99.5 of the...

About this thread

KayGee

10+ year member
KayGee
Temecula, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from