My new system, take a peak...

Participant count
  • Participant list

wesleysh
10+ year member

Senior VIP w/large Member
Michigan
Here's my new system. There are better out there, but I'm D*MN proud of it!! hehe

HU

Pioneer Premier DEH-P940MP

Speakers

MB Quart 5.25" Q-Series Components

No Rear Fill

Amps

Precision Power PCX1500 (500 x 1@ 4 ohms)

Precision Power PCX2125 (125 x 2)

Subs

Two 10" Kicker Solo-Baric L7's

Sealed Box

I took some peoples advice here and had no rear fill, maybe I'll throw something in there later if I see fit, or if someone gives me an idea, lol.

Will wire the Kickers down to 2 ohms running my PPI @ 1000watts!!!!

Let me know what you think, write it down cause I can't hear too well anymore, lol.

dont worry about rear fill... those mbs should sound just about perfect //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ok, don't laugh. I have it all in a Toyota Corolla.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It's all stock looking, you'd never know what lies beneath the surface.

man that reminds me of the old throw back systems from the early 90's good choices hope it sounds as good as you want i am sure you'll be happy:D

I haven't done anything else to the car. I kind of worry about it, you know. The reason I felt so comfortable with the stereo was because of how stock my Corolla looks as well as how many there are around this area of the exact same year and color.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Can't just say "hey, there goes that Corolla, let's jack it."

The system surpasses my expectations. I'm a little dissapointed that I can't find the right equalization points for my MB Quartz yet, but they sound nice anyways. I'm still playing with it, the Pioneer has 13 bands of EQ as well as many sound fields and effects. The 10's are absolutely PUNISHING. The Precision Power amp is a monster. I couldn't imagine having two 12's running off this thing. Maybe in an SUV, but I couldn't stay in the car if I had them in the Corolla.

I decided to run the rear factory speakers off of the deck. They actually sound pretty good, and don't interfere with the quality of the fronts.

I'm also shocked that I didn't have to upgrade my electrical system(alternator, battery, caps). Sounds great and I've suffered no dimming lights or anything so far. PPI rates their amps all the way down at 12V. Maybe you can achieve high sound quality at low amperes because of that.

welp you have regulated power supplies hope it holds up that way for you...want a good eq you can keep forever and not have a sigle doubt in your mind about having it get an audio control dqt or a eqs the dqt is 2 channel 31 band digital..is freakin sweet!!!!!!! kinda like my 4000 but less stuff and costs less..and guess what? since it's digital you set it and forget it hehe (has 4 user assigned presets too). always loved audio control too but the eq i have interfaces with my deck and offers awesome crossover slopes as well as volume adjustments per channel......only thing youll need is a puter and beings that you are here must mean you have 1:D the eqs is 13 bands and offers 6 channels (would do the whole set up) and quality wise blows away the pioneer's eq..but it is analog...anyhow if you want adjustability this should help peace!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.