Amp watts to speakers peak ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

svteam95

CarAudio.com Newbie
NY
First of all, Hello everyone. Thanks for having me. this is my first question here. I want to run 3/ 8" subs that need atleast 200 watts each. And 2/ 5.25 rear deck speakers requiring atleast 80watts a peice. I'm not familiar with mono I know its single, and you can parallel and all that, but how do I throw the mix in of the five and a quarter speakers? How can I run everything with one amplifier, or can't I? Or not advisable? I'm not car audio genius but I want to pound in my P71 Crown Vic.

Welcome.

You have a Crown Vic, Which year cruiser is it?
You have a trunk big enough to hold a family of four - why three 8's and not a couple of 15's?
The car will take 5x7" or 6x8" speakers in the front doors and the rear corners better to use them instead of 5.25"s.
You'll need a 3 channel amplifier (or a 2 channel and a monoblock) if you go with front speakers and subs.
You'll need a 5 channel amplifier (or a channel and a monoblock) if you go with front and rear and subs.

Need to know what is there to start with.
What head unit are you planning on using?
What is the budget?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...