HU USB not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xrc6

indiana
This is my HU: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-sBXaG7XMZW8/p_130X370BHS/Pioneer-AVH-X3700BHS.html

2 things changed today and not sure which if either caused it. I keep my music archive on USB. Today I deleted the files and put my newly arranged music files on it (all the same mp3's btw) I did not format it but it's fat32.

Then I added a processor and put it behind my HU which basically just had me unplug the RCA's and insert some new ones. So got it all sounding great, the radio..etc works perfect but the USB icon is greyed out which means either one is not plugged in or wrong format or dead usb...something of that nature.

. The USB wire is solid, I unplugged it and reconnected it several times but it's not powering the thumb drive. I double checked all connections and it's all top shelf.

The thumb drive works perfect on my laptop so I know it's not the drive itself, I did not change the format so it's still fat32 and the music files are copies of the same files just re arranged which it should still read even if there's no music on it.

It is cold out today, there has been a few times where I started my car and the USB icon stayed greyed out but It always came back on when I power cycled it...any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.