Headunit CD skipping

Participant count
  • Participant list

leeswiftatt

Hi all,

I'm hoping some one with some expertise may be able to help

I have a clarion cx501e head unit that I've had for four years in a Suzuki Swift and last year was swapped into my new Swift Sport

I noted over the colder months that the CD player skipped quite frequently and don't recall this ever being an issue before

It sometimes happens when I hit a small bump in the road but then other times will just be random. I feel it does it more when it is cold outside and therefore the car is cold but as it warms up it isn't as frequent, maybe not doing it at all. However I can't be sure it is as simple as this

I've raised it with my installer and clarion who have suggested condensation could be the cause and its on the laser but the car doesn't appear to get any more condensation than the one I had previously so I'm not sure if that's correct

When I bang hard on the dash around the CD player it skips (as I imagine most would) but it does seem harder to get it to do this when the cars warmer?

Does anyone have any suggestions I could try? I don't want to buy a new headunit if it isn't the problem and clarion don't believe the laser would have a fault after a few years, they thought it may have been screwed in to tightly on certain parts of the cage but it sounds like clutching at straws!

Thanks

best thing to do is to convert all your files to FLAC and put it in a USB and have a head unit that plays FLAC. CD is a dying source breed nowadays. Bluetooth aptx technology is capable of giving CD quality sound now. A lot of cheap head units can do this due to the technological advancement in today's head unit market. So yeaah A new head unit is in order IMHO. Just to make life a lot easier then to try to breath life into an outdated unit that can very well be a complete waste of time.

Hello,

The headunit has USB and ipod connector etc already but i like buying cds and having a physical product for my money and enjoy the artwork etc (and i like collecting things!) i then leave the cd in so it gets a decent amount of play throughs for me to judge it! I might have to consider putting some on a usb in the meantime as its driving me mad and its a really good headunit (well it has been for the past 4 years!)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.