Pioneer DEH-P9600MP screen flex ribbon replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello, I have had this head unit for 10+ years and in that time I have replaced the flex ribbon cable that goes to the base of the face plate at least 3 times, easy replacement every time as it had the small circuit board already attached.

Well now the ribbon that goes to the main screen needs replacement. I got the replacement ribbon but because the head unit is still in my truck and it works fine but I cannot make any adjustments I am a little weary of pulling it out if I can not install ribbon cable I will have to reinstall it without any subs/sound adjustments.

Anyone that replaced this ribbon, can you tell me if there is soldering involved and is it doable by a person with very limited experience soldering?

Well I replaced the inner screen flex cable and it was surprisingly easy, no soldering needed.

Now I cant get it to power on after taking it apart and putting original cable back in several times.

I must have broke the other ribbon cable to the face taking it apart.

I have thrown in the towel on this head unit after 12 years of ownership. Its been good except for the ribbon cable replacements every 3 years.

I got a deh-80prs to replace it, im posting this one up in the classifieds I was hoping to have it operational to sell it but thats the way my luck has been lately.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dakota5.9

dakota5.9
Northern California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
dakota5.9