HU Sub Level tuning question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patthehat033
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
Hi,

I am about to tune in my subwoofer and was wondering what to set the sub level at on my head unit. I have a bass level on my head unit a long with a sub level.

I currently have the bass level at 0, but should I turn the sub level up to it's max of +08, or keep that flat too?

If your sub level goes from 0 to +8 and also to -8 then I would keep it at 0 and then tune your amp with your desired method. That way you will have some room to play with it because the bass in music isn't all recorded at the same level. Dubstep and other electronic music is going to have heavier bass so depending on how your tuning your amp you may need to turn the sub volume down a notch or two or leave it at 0. Whereas for rock and metal music the bass is usually alot less prominent so you will have to give the sub a little boost to get the bass to where you want it to be. Just have some common sense when adjusting the sub vol and know where your aproximate maximum is when you turn it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.