HU not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

mmajor55

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a zone electric golf cart with a JVC radio. After a very bumpy ride the radio started cutting out and then quit working. Since that time, I replaced all the batteries and the charger. Thought I had everything hooked up, all the accessories work, but no radio. Checked all the connections from the wiring harness for continuity. Everything seems to be fine. After putting the golf cart up on a lift, I discovered a wire not hooked up that looked like it went to the battery. The golf cart was made in China so trying to figure out what that wire went to was quite a chore because each time the wires were connected somewhere along the way it went in one color and came out another. After much investigation, it was the constant wire. Now, when I hooked that wire to the positive terminal of the battery, the fuse on the head unit blew right away. I then substituted another head unit and that fuse blew too. I am looking for suggestions on what to do next. I bought a boatload of fuses for this trial and error method for any suggestion that might come my way. Thanks!

Try disconnecting the negative lead on the battery before you plug your head unit in or replace the fuse or connect the wire.
Plug everything back in or connect everything and then the last thing you do is put the negative lead back on.
I know with cars every time I've ever tried to plug or connect a HU when the battery was hooked up it blew the fuse ( first time was lack of knowledge. Anything after that was just stupidity)
Not sure if its the same with golf carts I don't really have any experience with them

I finally figured it out. Not only did I have the constant connected to the wrong battery, I was not connecting the ground last. Your tip really helped me out, THANKS! I have been troubleshooting for awhile with absolutely no experience in this. There are 8 batteries and I had it first hooked up to one giving off too much voltage. Great lessons learned by this experience!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.