how to tell what a box is tuned to

Isn't a subs motion at minimum at the tuneing freq.Not to thread jack but it might help a bit.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I really don't know what to say.
At least making such a big box means you're making the most of the **** power you're sending the sub.
Which is also dangerous because the cone is no longer supported by the enclosure.

Which is also dangerous because the cone is no longer supported by the enclosure.
it's held up through a few dozen songs so far, would there be any early warning signs from the sub?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Please don't tell me about learning and needing to design first, as I think I invented that category, as I'm fairly positive someone will prove via a certain picture.
zbrc5.jpg

Love,

CJ

After watching the video, I actually suggest that you throw the box away and make a new one. The joints are flapping which looks like it's causing a loss of pressure. That's the entire theory behind a ported box, and if the air within the enclosure cannot support the cone, you can damage your speaker. That's what I fear from this.
do i need moar caulk?

Just get a hammer and smash it up before you try and take it out
hmm, that would work. im looking to replace this sub anyhow, what if i just plugged it up to a 220 plug in? i wonder if the sub would go before the box blew apart or not lol

hmm, that would work. im looking to replace this sub anyhow, what if i just plugged it up to a 220 plug in? i wonder if the sub would go before the box blew apart or not lol
If you want to set your house on fire go for it. Otherwise I would not advise it.

And dude, get someone else to build the box for you.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.