how to tell what a box is tuned to

lol no, i got a random urge to build a box so i used what i had. there was some plywood leftover from remodeling the bathroom that i managed to use for the base, the rest is from scrapping the other sub boxes.
Do you do everything in life this half ass? Honestly bro how could you think that what you built was qualified to be a subwoofer box. I'm not ripping on you for feeling the need to build a box, you just did it sooooo badly. By the looks of things though I'm guessing you don't care to much about your car, much less what you put in it.

In the end it's your stuff so have fun:)

heres one of the boxes i took apart to use on my box. it was held together with staples lol. at least i used screws and liquid nail.

SANY0807.jpg

Do you do everything in life this half ass? Honestly bro how could you think that what you built was qualified to be a subwoofer box. I'm not ripping on you for feeling the need to build a box, you just did it sooooo badly. By the looks of things though I'm guessing you don't care to much about your car, much less what you put in it.
In the end it's your stuff so have fun:)
i wouldn't say half ass, i used what i had available to a full ass extent i'd say

So whens attempt number 2 coming?
i suppose i'll wait til payday and buy some materials, gonna go with a bit smaller box as well lol. although im diggin the 26 hz note this thing can play. felt like a chest massage from inside out. if i go with a smaller box what would i have to tweak about the port size to keep the subs lows the same? just have the port in proportion to this boxes size? but on a smaller scale? or would the output be diff?

lol no, i got a random urge to build a box so i used what i had. there was some plywood leftover from remodeling the bathroom that i managed to use for the base, the rest is from scrapping the other sub boxes.
i hope your bathroom remodeling had a little more effort.

i hope your bathroom remodeling had a little more effort.
I want a pict of the bathroom. If that box and system looks good then I have to see a pict of something else.

Those staples would have been fine building the first box if you would have used some wood glue. Liquid nails is construction adhesive mainly used as panel/drywall adhesive or for everyone else that has no clue as to what glue to use where.

Get some wood glue

Get a plan

Take some time and plan ahead you just might surprise yourself

Please post picts of the bathroom.

I think people should let him learn from his mistakes.Holding his hand by him useing some one else's design gives him no reason to grow as a box builder.If he is aloud to try his own thing he will either get better or sooner or later give up and have a shop do it.Either way the car audio world wins:)

I think people should let him learn from his mistakes.Holding his hand by him useing some one else's design gives him no reason to grow as a box builder.If he is aloud to try his own thing he will either get better or sooner or later give up and have a shop do it.Either way the car audio world wins:)
Doing designs has nothing to do with being capable of building enclosures. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I for one, can design simple enclosures, but no where near what a lot of others can do.

********. If he has a good design, and builds it moderately well, he'll be so impressed that he'll try again. If he keeps guessing and doesn't learn anything, he's not getting anything out of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.