how to tell what a box is tuned to

this has got to be a joke.
actually it's a 160$ setup that broke my fin, so what if i started out in car audio without busting open my checkbook. it sounds good and pounds just as good buck for buck as most high budget systems i'd say. im just wanting to find the **** tune i ended up with for this box.

actually it's a 160$ setup that broke my fin, so what if i started out in car audio without busting open my checkbook. it sounds good and pounds just as good buck for buck as most high budget systems i'd say. im just wanting to find the **** tune i ended up with for this box.
You really think that? SERIOUSLY?

yea, appearances can be deceiving. although the box looks like **** it's actually not too bad. it trumps my former setup that consisted of well made boxes.

your setup may be like mike tyson, but pound for pound roy jones can punch just as hard as to my saying of buck for buck.

Ive built worse boxes. srsly. we all start somewhere. That sub should be fine off the power but your tuning is way to high for most music. set your SSF to the max

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Please don't tell me about learning and needing to design first, as I think I invented that category, as I'm fairly positive someone will prove via a certain picture.
I really need to save that pic to have on hand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I'm sure someone else will come to the rescue, though.

^^ i've still got that 2nd sony amp, im thinkin about strappin dem *****es and throwin this sub what it wants. but seriously, my new single sub setup is actually much better than that one. took me a while to finally get the nerve to test out a ported box for the 15" but apparently a single ported 15 gets louder than 2 12s and the 15 sealed.

edit: oh and with less power

Wouldnt haveing a port with that much area that close to the rear cause some restriction.Making the port seem a little longer to the box and lowering the tuneing a bit?

After watching the video, I actually suggest that you throw the box away and make a new one. The joints are flapping which looks like it's causing a loss of pressure. That's the entire theory behind a ported box, and if the air within the enclosure cannot support the cone, you can damage your speaker. That's what I fear from this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.