How to install a stinger voltage meter?

I was thinking about buying an installing one of the stinger voltmeters in my car (81 pontiac) and i was wondering, its just a basic pos and neg connection right? And would be wired into my acc wire pretty much? I couldnt find too many details but if i do get one i wanna cut out the dash and sort of flush mount it in. Can this be done with the stinger ones?

yes. stinger one has a pos a ground and ignation wire, i would recomment run the pos wire back to the amp input, only becuse thats were the important voltage reading it

So could i actually just tie it into my amps power and ground? Is that safe? And my acc wire from my HU pretty much?
yup.. pretty much how you can wire it. or you can wire the ignition wire to your actual ignition instead of the HU remote lead turn on. cause if you ever turn the radio off and still want to read the voltage you will still be able to with your car on.

yes you are 100% correct

032-1.jpg

Im around nashville/rocky mount area. I think imma get the volt meter and get some 14g wire and just run it back to my amp and tie it into that power and ground. Id ground it seperatly but the resistance shouldnt be an issue should it?

i connected power/ground to the amps power/ground.

Mine's kinda flush mounted, i basically just made a front plate out of plastic (using a dremel), spray painted it black, and stuck it in a pocket on my dash (the knob on the left is my bass remote knob):

BassKnobandVoltGauge-1.jpg

i connected power/ground to the amps power/ground.
Mine's kinda flush mounted, i basically just made a front plate out of plastic (using a dremel), spray painted it black, and stuck it in a pocket on my dash (the knob on the left is my bass remote knob):

BassKnobandVoltGauge-1.jpg

I like that, it looks very clean and stock.

Yea thats sort of what im going for. Mine will be mounted in my dash next to my usb ports, remote holder, and etc. Got a piece of mdf that i painted and replaced some of the factory trim with. Gonna cut it out with a dremel and see if i can get it mounted in there. Whats the best dremel bit for cutting mdf?

I guess it depends on what you want to monitor the voltage on, your amps or your battery. I have mine wired to the main battery. After you wire it where you want it make sure you use your DMM and adjust the voltage calibration screw to match the actual voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

I Like Waffle
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
SPL Blazer
all out.jpg