How to install a stinger voltage meter?

If he has a battery in the back. If the only location for a battery is up front then it might be wise to find a location suitable for reading amperage/ voltage closest to the battery up front.
I would argue that regardless whether their was a battery in the back or not, i would still rather display the voltage the amp is receiving then the voltage @ the front battery.

I would argue that regardless whether their was a battery in the back or not, i would still rather display the voltage the amp is receiving then the voltage @ the front battery.
i would you say the voltage at the amp is more important than voltage up front?

i would you say the voltage at the amp is more important than voltage up front?
That would be true, but the voltage at the amp should be exactly the same as the voltage at the front battery, if your electrical system is good. If not, ten it should only be off by a tenth of a volt or two, thats not really much of a difference for a daily system.

That would be true, but the voltage at the amp should be exactly the same as the voltage at the front battery, if your electrical system is good. If not, ten it should only be off by a tenth of a volt or two, thats not really much of a difference for a daily system.
true true.

hmm does seem easier and better at amp...

but i guess il try wiring it at both the amp and batt and see what i get

I wasn't going to waste the time wiring it to my amps, I have mine wired to my front battery. My voltage is the same at my front battery as it is in my rear battery. Get yourself a pair of DMM's and measure your voltage at the front and at the back at the same time, see how much of a difference you get. Keep in mind that with the small gauge wire of the volt meter your gonna want to keep it close to the source that your measuring, you lose some voltage in long runs, especially with a small gauge wire. The calibration screw might cover this, but I'm not sure on that.

So if you're running duel amps, would it be best to have two volt metters showing the volts of each amp? Just a thought...
Both amps should be seeing the same voltage if they are both being powered off the same battery. The only reason I could see having multiple volt meters being used might be for a serious competitor, not for a daily driven system. As long as your volts are at a decent level your fine, for comps you want to make sure your at a certain voltage, but for a daily system it's just not as important.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

I Like Waffle
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
SPL Blazer
all out.jpg