How to get this box out of my trunk? + Rate my ground please (PICS)

but like it said it definitely doesn't give me the nice back massage/windshield flex I am looking for from subs :p Hopefully these SA-12's will satisfy my bass craving.
Sorry to say this but just simply swapping subs wont really give you an noticeable increase in SPL. Off the same power, in the same car with all the same equipment you may notice a SQ difference but you simply wont be flexing your windshield with 1 brz1700

Obviously unless your switching from 1 10 to 2 18's you will but same cone area off the same amount of power it should have close to the same output. This isnt true in extreme cases either (switching from cheap $50 sony xplods to fully loaded btl)

You WILL be happy with SA12's (i went from type R's to sa12's 2 years ago) but soon after upgraded to the brz2400 and dual batteries

I don't come near flexxing my windshield off a brz2400, two yellowtops, custom box. Then again my trunk is like 18ft away from my windshield

Sorry to say this but just simply swapping subs wont really give you an noticeable increase in SPL. Off the same power, in the same car with all the same equipment you may notice a SQ difference but you simply wont be flexing your windshield with 1 brz1700
Obviously unless your switching from 1 10 to 2 18's you will but same cone area off the same amount of power it should have close to the same output. This isnt true in extreme cases either (switching from cheap $50 sony xplods to fully loaded btl)

You WILL be happy with SA12's (i went from type R's to sa12's 2 years ago) but soon after upgraded to the brz2400 and dual batteries

I don't come near flexxing my windshield off a brz2400, two yellowtops, custom box. Then again my trunk is like 18ft away from my windshield
Not really what I wanted to hear.. but I'm sure you are right when you say I will be happy with the SA12's.

Kinda wish I had gotten a small hatchback instead of a 4 door sedan now, just so it would be easier to get super loud.

I'm not trying to get windshield flex, just trying to get more output than I had before.

You are sure when you say swapping 500 watt type r's with 600 watt SA12's won't give me a noticable increase in SPL?

Not really what I wanted to hear.. but I'm sure you are right when you say I will be happy with the SA12's.
Kinda wish I had gotten a small hatchback instead of a 4 door sedan now, just so it would be easier to get super loud.

I'm not trying to get windshield flex, just trying to get more output than I had before.

You are sure when you say swapping 500 watt type r's with 600 watt SA12's won't give me a noticable increase in SPL?
Hatch back is totally harder to get loud than your TRUE trunk car (to others who don't know his back seats do not fold down).

I told you last time fix your ground to a better location.

Simply squeezing out the box and sealing off the top then cutting in the front/back of the box won't solve anything, before modifying the design I'd consult Jason.

And as Sourdeez said your not going to get much of a difference in the 2 12"s on same power in the same box.

Just because one sub is rated for slightly less power doesn't mean you cant give it any more power. Hell, I gave a single type R 12 1200rms once. A sub if rated at 500 watts simply doesnt just stop taking power at 500 watts.. its just a guideline of what amp to buy for it.. you can give the type r 600 and give an sa 500.

What i'm trying to get at is, power is where you're gonna get the most output increase. In this instance, you'll be giving the subs the same amount of power. The SA is a nicer sub for sure, and I bet you'll like how it sounds over the R's but I dont think they will get any louder.

I could be wrong though, let me know

Just because one sub is rated for slightly less power doesn't mean you cant give it the same amount of power. Hell, I gave a single type R 12 1200rms once.
What i'm trying to get at is, power is where you're gonna get the most output increase. At this rate, you'll be giving the subs the same amount of power. The SA is a nicer sub for sure, and I bet you'll like how it sounds over the R's but I dont think they will get any louder.

I could be wrong though, let me know
Theres no real difference, if there is its minor being the 100watt difference.

Theres no real difference, if there is its minor being the 100watt difference.
Well, there is a difference in the build of the subs.. the SA has a stronger motor and better soft parts, and a foam surround. Thats gonna make a big diff right there for him hearing the foam surround vs the Type R's rubber.

But, off the same amp.. like I said, doesnt matter what their RATED for.. they shouldnt get any louder

[quote name='SourDeez']Well, there is a difference in the build of the subs.. the SA has a stronger motor and better soft parts, and a foam surround. Thats gonna make a big diff right there for him hearing the foam surround vs the Type R's rubber.

But, off the same amp.. like I said, doesnt matter what their RATED for.. they shouldnt get any louder[/QUOTE]

That makes sense, I am not using the full power possible from the Hifonics BRZ1700 at the moment on the Type R's, but I hear that Sundown SA12's can handle MUCH more than what they are rated at, so I will definitely be adjusting the gains again when USPS finally delivers them.

and @vISUALHype I already consulted Jason about tweaking the original design a bit, but he still hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm assuming he is busy with other projects/designs at the moment.

I'll most likely just buy some more MDF and build a new box that will fit in my trunk better :)

You guys don't have chainsaws in MN? That's the best way to get that box out IMO.
Wow, didn't think about that, would be alot easier than taking a sawzaw to it... but I run the risk of accidentally hitting the subs hahah.

And too all of the guys saying that if it went it, it will come out... Me and a couple buff dudes just tried pulling it out, but it is absolutely wedged in there. I am really surprised that my brother was able to get it in, in the first place lol.

All I would have to take off is just the bottom right and left corners to get it out, so I will try that tomorrow when I have access to a chainsaw. Unless you guys strongly oppose the idea of taking a chainsaw to a box with subs in it.

EDIT: Just noticed I am now a Senior VIP member //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif not sure I deserve that title... but still cool!

I don't see sa's getting louder then type r's
The Type R's are pretty old, think they are the 2006-2007 (SWR1242d) model, and I've beat on them pretty bad, and I really just want to experiment with something else besides the same Type R's that I've had since I got into the hobby.

They are definitely some tough woofers though!

@\[MENTION\=1010117\]Moble Enclosurs What do you suggest Jason? Should I take a chainsaw to the box to get it out of my trunk? Seems a bit drastic I know.. But it is totally stuck in there.

...a chainsaw.. how is that easier than a sawzall..I would get a mallet like this and wap the **** out of it

222086_mallet.jpg

...a chainsaw.. how is that easier than a sawzall..I would get a mallet like this and wap the **** out of it
222086_mallet.jpg
More powerful? Idk... never used a chainsaw on MDF before, but my sawzall or whatever the f they are called that I have at home could barely cut through a layer of MDF.

Please tell me you aren't serious about busting it apart with a mallet hahah

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.