How to finish my audio system build

Participant count
  • Participant list

S2000king
10+ year member

Hey guys, just bought a Lexus IS300 and i have a variety of parts sitting in my garage for over a year that i can't wait to put in. The parts consist of:

- Pioneer P8400 7inch HU

- 2 Sets of JL Audio ZR650CSI

- 2 JL Audio 10w6v3

- 1 Alpine PDX M-12 (For subs)

Now i am thinking of adding a set of the ZR650s in the front doors and a set on the rear stage of the car (can't install in the rear doors not enough room), not sure how components sound in the rear deck?

Also i am thinking of adding 2 JL ZR800s in the rear deck alongside the ZR components to add more depth in the sound... Is this a good idea? if so what amp (power outtage and channel) should i buy to power all the ZR650s and ZR800s?

Has anyone had any good experiences with processors for a pioneer head unit?

Thanks

Unless you mainly want the rear speakers for the extra loudness I would instead focus more on your front speaker installation. If you want speakers in the back for rear passengers I'd sell one set of components and get a lower cost set of good coaxials.

As for processors, you could use anything on the market with your head unit. All you generally need is a 2-channel RCA connection from your front channels and the processor takes care of the rest. Some processors will do ambient rear fill, so that's another thing to consider.

I ran the Pio 8400 DD. It's a great deck, but won't match the SQ of a lot of Single-DIN offerings that are comparatively cheaper. If that's not a concern of yours, I think you'll be more than pleased with the UI and the Advanced App Mode. Once you get the hang of the 8-band GEQ, it's not too hard to get things dialed in. Also, the Sonic Center Control isn't too bad at doing Time Alignment, but it's no substitute for a good active processor. That being said, raw signal through the RCAs was pretty good and I would venture to guess the 4V rating is fairly accurate. Testing with a DD-1 (I know, not the most accurate equipment on the planet), I was able to get to 38/40 on the volume knob and maintain a clean signal at both 50Hz and 1KHz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.