How to do a proper Auto Burnout?

I got that 72' chevy elcamino; with a 350 in it.
Man I can burn **** down. Easy. Smoke everywhere!!
before i got my truck i almost got a 70 el camino ss, a real ss, not a clone. anyway, it had a 454 with a quite a few mods, and 4.10 gears. that thing would smoke em through all the gears.

that was stupid i thought it would be him sitting there smokeing them not a little bark. but i did a nice burnout in my moms 04 lincoln ls v6. i first tried it by full break and full throttle but kuz the computer controls everything it only reved to 3000rpm so i did a really nice one with 1/2 break and full throttle, and had the car drifting off to the right, and had the linited slip working nice, i laid down bout 60feet of good fresh tread. my buddys 97 firebird with an lt1 that badboy smokes em from a standstill punch, i wanted to break torque it but my buddy wouldnt let me kuz we already had the tires down to the 1/8in warning strip after a day and a half of driving.
geez...

Back when I was in high school (sounds like I'm an old fart) we used to go through a set of junkyard tyres each weekend. After the junkyards started running out of usable tyres or they improved their security systems we had to find a better way to drift or do burnouts.

We found that the best way to make the tyres and rear ends last(I went through 11 rears and 3 tyranny's in one summer) was to use diesel.

We hooked up 2 windshield washer motors to a tank in the trunk and run some hoses and nozzles into the wheel wells. For best results aim them from the back of the car towards the top of the tyre.

Now when ever it was time to make smoke all we had to do is hit a switch that would get the tyres nice and wet with diesel and get on the gas.

Vice grips on the flex brake hose going to the rear was a good way to save the brakes.

I know some might say that we were stupid but it was all clean fun and all we were hurting were our cars which weren't that great to begin with.

It made for some great pictures and videos of which I have none.

I still turn off the traction control from time to time and go full opposite lock from time to time.

wrong forum.........

but as a drag racer myself Ill enlighten you to a thing called a

"LineLock" youll find one on every drag car in the lanes..........

They simply lock the front tires and free up the rear tires when

engaged.... cost about 100.00 for a unit

Back when I was in high school (sounds like I'm an old fart) we used to go through a set of junkyard tyres each weekend. After the junkyards started running out of usable tyres or they improved their security systems we had to find a better way to drift or do burnouts.We found that the best way to make the tyres and rear ends last(I went through 11 rears and 3 tyranny's in one summer) was to use diesel.

We hooked up 2 windshield washer motors to a tank in the trunk and run some hoses and nozzles into the wheel wells. For best results aim them from the back of the car towards the top of the tyre.

Now when ever it was time to make smoke all we had to do is hit a switch that would get the tyres nice and wet with diesel and get on the gas.

Vice grips on the flex brake hose going to the rear was a good way to save the brakes.

I know some might say that we were stupid but it was all clean fun and all we were hurting were our cars which weren't that great to begin with.

It made for some great pictures and videos of which I have none.

I still turn off the traction control from time to time and go full opposite lock from time to time.
that is old school dood,did you use bleach also for that set up?

that is old school dood,did you use bleach also for that set up?
It's old school and it was done a long time ago(I'm talking about the 80's here) and yes, bleach was added at times.

When all you have is the power of a Ford 250ci inline6 with a set of headers and a 350cfm Holley you need all the help you can get.

The diesel smoke did look great though, so thick and white.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

At least bleach isnt flammable...
Have you ever tried to ignite diesel with just the friction of a tyre ???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

It ain't happenin.

Smoke'em if you got'em.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.