How to do a proper Auto Burnout?

i have more than enough power to light em up just stomping on it, even from a 10mph roll. neutral dropping is very, very bad, same with backing up, throwing it in gear while you're still going backwards and hitting it. push the brake in about 2/3 of the way and give it some gas, keep doing it until it starts spinning, you may have to give it more gas or less brake. this is known as powerbraking, and isnt very good for your brakes (and i dont think your transmission either) but its better than neutral dropping.

I remember long time ago where my cousin hold the brakes and press the gas and let it reach 4 and a half thousand RPM and his tires on a Nissan Frontier will just start to smoke and drift pretty nice. Lol but feeling bad because of the tires being worned out and the brakes. o wellz thats his fault.

i have more than enough power to light em up just stomping on it, even from a 10mph roll. neutral dropping is very, very bad, same with backing up, throwing it in gear while you're still going backwards and hitting it. push the brake in about 2/3 of the way and give it some gas, keep doing it until it starts spinning, you may have to give it more gas or less brake. this is known as powerbraking, and isnt very good for your brakes (and i dont think your transmission either) but its better than neutral dropping.
Yea, thats what I do, power brake, but I didnt know if thats the best way to do it besides having the power to spin when you hit the gas. And no, its not hard on your tranny, as far as I know.

doing burnouts is good for your transmission.
30mph in reverse slammed into first at WOT is also nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

doing burnouts is good for your transmission.
brake stands with 35" muds, think thats good on the drivetrain, lol? hehe, i dont even adempt to do them. now, my dads truck, thats a different story. that thing is makeing over 600 hp (thats not outragous for a diesel either). its a F-250 turbo diesel with all kinds of electronics stuff. 5" exhaust all the way back. some turbo work done. the thing will get goin sideways at 30 mph if you stomp on it.

The best way to do a brake stand without putting too much stress on the rear end, brakes, and tranny is too get a line lock for the front brakes. A line lock allows you to set the front brakes to full on while the rears are totally disengaged. This takes a big load off the rear end and tranny as the rear brakes won't be slightly engaged creating more load. Now those 2 pieces only see the load caused by tire friction. With a powerful car this load should be no problem for the car and while it is excessive, the car should have quality parts able to withstand this type of abuse here and there. Don't go doing this with a stock econo box though because you will see your tranny go quick.

or you could just put the front end of your car up against a tree or a big brick building and hit the gas....that way you wont put any stress on any brakes.

Brake stand will POWN yer brake pads and rotors.

Line lock is what the pros use.

Dont do a burn outs with the brakes engadged. If you want a lil extra torque off the line brake stand to like 1500 rpms and then mash the pedal but release the brake.. you really dont want to be spinning the tires with the brakes fully engadged...

when I did a burnout in my friends GT mustang, I pressed the lightest I could where the car just stopped and gave it gas (but not floored it) and the wheels started to spin and the car started to move so I put the brakes on more, waited a couple of seconds and got off the brakes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.