how to build 3 12's sub box....ported or sealed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zeepian
10+ year member

SCS, MI
I have 3 American bass xo's in a ported box. There powered by a Boss phantom 2500. Yes...i know...not my best system...but I got a serious deal on the stuff and was gonna make it as loud as can be. They actually have beat the box up pretty bad.It has one big port on the top. I was wondering if i should convert that box into a sealed box because the ported is cracking. I was thinkin if i just get rid of the port. Now i was told sealed would be better for these subs cuz im running them at 300rms each. there wired down to 2.6ohms. Or should i at least make the box have 3 individual ports?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/Zeepian/IMG_7389.jpg

Theyre somewhat versatile woofers though it appears they prefer a ported box. It also appears you have a bit of space to use. If youd like, submit a design request and we can work out what would be best for you and what youre trying to do with the system.

well, since i clearly am going with the cheapest route....i was gonna try and use this same wood. But i do have a crown vic trunk......very deep. Wondering if deeper will make the subs louder. I'm curious is how much louder i can make this cheap setup. I got some old boxes in the garage too. I was wondering if anybody has just glued 2 peices of 3/4 mdf to make the whole box thicker and flushmount?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.