How should I power these subs?

rikardob

Completely new to custom stereo and was hoping for some input on a perfect amplifier match for these Pioneer subs.

Link.

2 x Pioneer TS-SW3001S4 (12s) in sealed .65 cubic foot enclosures.

4 Ohms

Single voice coil

50-400 RMS

1500 peak

Sensitivity - 93 dB at 1 volt

Frequency response 20 - 230 Hz

I don't know if it matters but my receiver is a (let the hate begin, or don't because I already know it's coming) Sony CDX-GT700HD Link. If I remember correctly it has 1 set of standard RCAs coming out of the back labeled Mono with 2 volts of preamp voltage. The system is in a regular cab Ford Ranger and I'm using Hertz energy 2 way 5x7s in the doors for now.

Also please let me know if the amplifier choice is dependent on the outs my stereo has because I plan on upgrading receivers after a while.

Also...

A friend has recommended me this amplifier. I thought I needed a 2 channel amp that pushes 400 watts rms per channel at 4 ohms? How would one go about using this amp to power the two 12s at spec, or should I just look for a 4 ohm 2 channel 800 watt amp?

ZRS-7500DRB - Cadence 3600 Watt 1 Ch Competition Amplifier

SPECIFICATIONS:

1 Ohm RMS Power: 1 x 1800 Watts @ 13.8 Volts

* 2 Ohm RMS Power: 1 x 1100 Watts @ 13.8 Volts

* 4 Ohm RMS Power: 1 x 600 Watts @ 13.8 Volts

IHF-2002 Peak Power: 1 x 3600 Watts Max @ 1 ohm

* Two Z7500D bridged together = 1 x 3600 Watts RMS @ 2 ohm

Frequency Response: 10Hz - 400Hz

S/N Ratio: >100 db

Damping Factor: 119 @ 100Hz

Minimum THD:

Input Voltage: 200 mV - 8 Volts

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

You would blow the **** out of those subs with that amp. Get a 2 ohm stable mono block
Any other stats you can throw at me with that info? Do I need to find something that puts out a 4 OHM Rating of 800 X 1 and split it between the 2 subs?

you want an amp that does 800-1000 watts at 2 ohms
since you will see a 2 ohm load when wiring up your 2 each svc 4 ohm subs
Like this? Am I looking for 800 to 1000 watts RMS at 2 ohms?

MRP-M1000 - Alpine 1000 Watt Mono Subwoofer Amplifier

That one is a little pricey for these crappy speakers but I want to make sure I'm on the right track. Still looking for a mono amp right?

I noticed the thanking system but cannot access it myself... thank you though. * Edit... figured it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.