how should I fuse or not to fuse

Participant count
  • Participant list

subzero
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I need insights from you guys.

I have four runs of 1/0 power coming off my alt going straight to the rear batteries.

In conjunction, I have the standard runs going to starter and I beefed up the run going fro alt to the battery under the hood.

The rear batteries are Batcap 2000s .

I am not sure where or how to fuse these and what rating.

give ideas please.

Max power consumption is about 5500 watts per sub at 13 volts..

It is not safe to not fuse but with that said I do not fuse because I am after every 10th on the mic and I feel confident in my install abilities.

First off always fuse for the wire... When running a power wire to second batt fuse just as if it was running to an amp (fuse no more then a 12" from the batt) then when you get back to the truck fuse again right before it gets to the second batt...

First off always fuse for the wire... When running a power wire to second batt fuse just as if it was running to an amp (fuse no more then a 12" from the batt) then when you get back to the truck fuse again right before it gets to the second batt...
ISSUES: what size fuses. my biggest issue...

my amp voltage output is 124 volts, 10,250 watts, @ 1.5 ohms. Current is what gentlemen?

ISSUES: what size fuses. my biggest issue...
my amp voltage output is 124 volts, 10,250 watts, @ 1.5 ohms. Current is what gentlemen?
I answered that question first... You dont fuse for the amp you fuse to protect the wire which if its OFC is probably rated for around 300-350 at 20 feet...

I answered that question first... You dont fuse for the amp you fuse to protect the wire which if its OFC is probably rated for around 300-350 at 20 feet...
so your suggesting 350 amp fuses per run of 1/0?

That sounds feesable. because I just pulled a ninja trick to get a close number on power draw. and I have come up with :

10,250 watts power - 12 volt system = 854.1 amps of current.

10,250 watts power - 14 volt system = 732.1 amps of current.

so your suggesting 350 amp fuses per run of 1/0?That sounds feesable. because I just pulled a ninja trick to get a close number on power draw. and I have come up with :

10,250 watts power - 12 volt system = 854.1 amps of current.

10,250 watts power - 14 volt system = 732.1 amps of current.
Yep it should be just fine... What wire is it?

Naw just in the bay and u should be good
even thou a short would still chance on the other end...

If it was just one bat under hood it wouldnt be issue that I forsee.

but with two power source locations, I think within 16 inches on both sides is what I should do.? no??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.