How shitty was your first system?

My first system (back in '79) consisted of a pair of Pioneer 6 X 9 three ways, a Fosgate (that was before they became Rockford Fosgate) PR-220 amp, and a Pioneer 8 track HU. I thought it was da bomb back in the day, but obviously that system would **** by today's standards.

My first system was in a 1989 Cavalier, the car was in great shape for it's but the stereo for the most part blew. Some stuff was good

HU- Sony Tape Deck with sony Discman: quality products at the time

Speakers:

3.5 - Boston Acoustic, nice speakers

6x9's Kenwood 3 ways, not too bad, not great either

Sub- 12" JBL buy 1 get 1 deal from Circuit City

Amp- Pyramid amp- //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

By 18 i had a good setup

HU- JVC KD-SX950: Nice optioned filled HU

Speakers:

Infinity Kappa 4x6's

Alpine 6x9's

Sub- 12" Kicker XPL

Amp- Infinity 202s 600 RMSx1 amp

I have only had 2 systems, and the first one was in my 94 T-Bird.. Wasnt bad... I though it was the **** though, boy was I wrong.

JVC headunit - Old one not sure

Kicker KS68's all around

Kicker 12" CompVR in a Q-Logic 1.2CF Sealed box

Kicker KX350.2 Bridged to 4 Ohms..

Since that was my first actual "quality" system, and my first sub, I though it SLAMMED!

I just installed my current setup in my jeep on Tuesday, so man was I wrong!

2 power acoustik 4 channel amps,

RF 12s (150 rms svc) in a sealed box i got at BB

4 sony xplod 5 and 1/4 (changed out to some alpine 5 and 1/4 and 6x9s that i put in 5 and 1/4 spots)

Pioneer HU ..... forgot the model but it played mp3s and that's all i cared about.

Lanzar crossover.

All of that went into a 1989 525i. The wiring was a Schosche kit i got from walmart.

I put towels over my 6x9s because they didnt fit in the spots. no tweeters, amps not bolted down. I think i was doing like 40db.

I tried really hard to make my 1st a good 1 but got HOSED in the end:crap:

Pioneer 6900 headunit

2 treo ssi 15"s-$815

1 jl 1000/1-$1100

1 optima yellow top-$250

Ported box, stinger wiring, install-$400

Mine was the best system around in my eyes. When i was 16 i had a 1982 honda prelude that was a POS. My system included old ass pioneer super tuner tape player with kmart brand personal cd player. i was running a 300 watt boss amp (old skool so you know it was quality) and i had got the flea market special Q subs from the SALE OF THE CENTURY for only 100 in band pass box. My system lasted for one day as the one sub in the box wasnt even completed. it was missing terminals and soilder points. Next day i ran to local pawnshop to get 2 12" boss subs in bandpass box and had my factory speakers all the way around.

A Kawasaki brand EQ booster from the local radio shack (not many of you will remeber EQ boosters) and my mom and dads home speakers in my back seat.

Sounded like **** but it was loud!!!

Ge0

hmmm my first system...

I would say my first system was just as shitty as many of ca.com's members' current systems.

Kenwood H/U with front/rear sub out

Coustic xm3e or somethin like that, some coustic 3 way electronic x-over, lol

3 autotek 100s, 1 on a pair of kenwood 6x9s in front doors, 1 on kenwood 6x9s in rear side wall area, 1 on 2 Savard HI-Q 12s (in the day, these were equal or slightly better than the JL W6s)

This was the summer of 1996. (I was 16)

My first system was 2 years ago when i was 16 in a 1996 2 door Ford Explorer... it was a Type R in a alpine ported reflex box on a Total Mobile Audio T400.2 2 pair of 6x8 Type S Alpines on a Alpine MRP-T220. sony deck

Second Some speakers as above with a pair of W1v2's in a prefab ported box sony deck

Third 2001 Isuzu Tropper W1's Total amp and Alpine amp with 6.5" component S Series and 4" s series alpine 9856

Fourth same speaker in trooper with JL W6's in custom built sealed box on eD NINe.1 9856

Fifth 2004 Tahoe is listed in signature

5 systems 3 cars in 2 years

I had two memphis m class

12's and a TMA 250 amp and a panasonic radio with pictures. Ha I spent like my half my summer earnings last year It was, kinda still is my pride and joy also 6 1/2 and 4 inch memphis speakers

wow looks like most of you had2 get ur own systems..lol when i was 16 got the car handed down to me it was already systemed up it was 2 12'' ma audio's a 1 farad rf cap and a 1200 ma audio amp fronts were 6.5 infinity kappas and rear was pioneer 6x9 which were powered by a 600watt rf punch amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.