how much powah!?

really only a 400w amp to power 1700 watts?

ok i also have 4 kicker ks60 rated at 390w per pair. what if i wanted to amp all of them, would i need 2 amps? and what would you recommend?

really only a 400w amp to power 1700 watts? ok i also have 4 kicker ks60 rated at 390w per pair. what if i wanted to amp all of them, would i need 2 amps? and what would you recommend?
Your 6x9s and your sub won't handle but a few hundred watts before failure. It was a nice way of saying that. Sorry you missed it.

well hey the sub was given to me and i still got the receipt for the for the 6x9s so its no loss yet. could you recommend something for a budget of about $500?

im looking to power a pair of kenwood 500w 6x9 with a pyle red lable 1200w square sub.what woulld be the ideal amp setup to power this my deck is a kenwood KDC-545U
500w kenwoods = 50w kenwoods

1200w sub really = 300w sub

stop reading max power ratings just rms

are you guys saying what i have is **** or what?

help me out here

i drive a 95 subaru legacy and i want a good system for once

i got a budget of about $500 and i dont want to buy garbage

i got 2 amps for you a 4 channel and a mono block for the sub can keep you way under your price range .800 watts rms on the mono block and 65 watts rms x 4 on the 4 channel both in really good shape can do 400 shipped for both

Pay attention to RMS ratings, not max wattage ratings. Think of RMS as the average amount of power that your speakers can put out. Max wattage is what they might be able to handle for a split second. Run them at that level and they'll die.

When choosing an amp, match the RMS output of the amp to the RMS wattage of the speakers. You can bridge two channels for your sub. Look at the specs for the amp and they'll tell you the bridged output power. You'll do better choosing an amp with a slightly higher RMS rating than your speakers than if the speakers have a higher rating than the amp.

Pay attention to RMS ratings, not max wattage ratings. Think of RMS as the average amount of power that your speakers can put out. Max wattage is what they might be able to handle for a split second. Run them at that level and they'll die. When choosing an amp, match the RMS output of the amp to the RMS wattage of the speakers. You can bridge two channels for your sub. Look at the specs for the amp and they'll tell you the bridged output power. You'll do better choosing an amp with a slightly higher RMS rating than your speakers than if the speakers have a higher rating than the amp.
not exactly true.... there are ALOT of subs out there that will easily handle alot more than rated rms daily... his sub just isnt one of them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.