Hooking 6.5 Speaker to Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

HRPCivicSi

Hi so I tried to hook up a second amp an Alpine MRP-220 1/2 channel amp to my 6.5 speakers in the back of my car. I bought these Kenwood 6.5 and they just came with two speakers nothing else. But when I hook the amp up nothing but bass comes out. I want the treble to be louder. They work fine when i run them from the old wire that used to go to my old 6.5.

I got a distribution block and ran the power to the amp and made its own ground and ran a remote. And I ran an RCA from the output of my other amp to this amp.

I hook the speaker wires from this amp to the 6.5 directly and nothing but bass came out.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong ? or is this even possible? I kind of just guessed about it how everything would work and just did it.

I have a 07 civic.

Naw man I tried putting it on HP Filter 80hz and barely any sound came out. I have no idea I put it on HP before with a 12" sub and the words came out sounded good I don't know whats up with it.

Haha yeah reppin the AR man!

your not running it bridged are you sorry have to ask ive seen it before.. try unhooking your rca from the other amp and run straight to that one might have an rca problem between amps what is the gain set to? bass boost all the way down? + - the same on both speakers i know that will make subs not sound right just a few things off the top of my head

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.