How much does it cost to have a amp and subwoofer checked?

Testfit123

I recently went and had my subwoofer (two 12 inch JL audio subs) and Alpine 4 channel amp from my previous vehicle checked. Next day I come back they tell me both my Sub and amp are cooked and it cost $784 just to test these out? I have refused to pay because I was not told the substantial cost of the test he simply told me it was 25 dollars to test an amp. Does this price seem accurate or overboard?

Thank you

LOL!!! Tell them to eat a dick!! It takes 1 min to test a subwoofer with a dmm or free air it. Amp might take 5 mins to hook up to a test bench.

That price is more than the amp and 2 subs new.

I recently went and had my subwoofer (two 12 inch JL audio subs) and Alpine 4 channel amp from my previous vehicle checked. Next day I come back they tell me both my Sub and amp are cooked and it cost $784 just to test these out? I have refused to pay because I was not told the substantial cost of the test he simply told me it was 25 dollars to test an amp. Does this price seem accurate or overboard?
Thank you
tell them u will call cops if they keep that crap up.. i will sell u my whole stereo for that

They told me the amp would be 25 dollars or so to test it they said they were busy so they would do it tomorrow, so I left it with them (big mistake) and when I went to go check on it next day, they said both amp and sub are cooked which makes no sense because I used them in my old vehicle about 2 years and have stored them inside and I'm guessing now they may have purposely "fried" the amp or sub in order to up sell me.

They told me the amp would be 25 dollars or so to test it they said they were busy so they would do it tomorrow, so I left it with them (big mistake) and when I went to go check on it next day, they said both amp and sub are cooked which makes no sense because I used them in my old vehicle about 2 years and have stored them inside and I'm guessing now they may have purposely "fried" the amp or sub in order to up sell me.
i doubt a shop would do that, why dont you pay the stupid 25 dollars, get your stuff and never go back. we'll help you test the amps and subs for free, i mean you can buy me a bottle of... well nvm thats probably illegal

What exactly comes with the $784 bill? Tell us everything. Post a picture of the write-up.
yeah he ain't wrong maybe they trying to sell him stuff and goo price and he just ain't listening.. lol i had to say it.. your stuff maybe fried but if u have to buy anything we can direct u to 2- 12's and mono 1k rms amp pretty good sounding loud stuff for like $400 + u need a box..

Dam near 800 bucks to have 3 things checked/tested???? That spells insane ripoff. Bring it to my house....I'll check it for 300 bucks.

Joking aside, what exactly were you wanting to test? Just making sure they all work, just a guess? Something sounds fishy here...

where in cali are you at? if you are in the oc/la area i'll march in there with you and grill their @ss for you. Fking scam artists taking advantage of a newb. Whats the shop? I'll ruin them with 50 craigslist ads saying buyer beware and a fk ton of lynch mob yelp reviews.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.